Reviews for "Helpful Preloader Tut"

It's not a game

It was good but i wasn't a game. :(

Frank2982 responds:

Well, when you submit a flash to NG you have 2 options for it: Movie or Interactive/Game. This is an Interactive Flash. So I selected that. Although when it is displayed on NG, it just says it is a game. I can't help what I can't control. Thanks for the good review though.

Really useful

thanx, and i didn't really understand the tutorial, but it was great that you could download it

good job

Frank2982 responds:

What didn't you understand about it. Maybe if you leave a message in the Flash Forum, me or some one else can help you out.

PM Me i need a flash partner

I need a flash partner add me or send me a PM :) Ty

hay

look at my preloader tut its easier to understand

At least this was better than the other one

Because this one actually uses some good ActionScript...
But you could make the preloader a bit smaller in file size, by attaching script to it instead of making a 100 frame tween...
//actionscript
perc ent = Math.floor((_root.getBytesLoad ed() / _root.getBytesTotal()) * 100);
//now you have the variable [percent]
/here's the script to make the bar expand w script
_root.loadbar._xscale = percent;
// and top it off with text w percentage
_root.txtload = percent + "% loaded";
------------------- -------

This is only a suggestion, as it seems more professional than a motion tween ;)

Frank2982 responds:

If you were to use that, you would have to change the color fill into a MC instead of just a graphic. Then you would have to make the alignment for the MC to be on the left. Besides, I think Tweening is fun.