Reviews for "Laser Stryker"

Has potential

Sorry, but this is just good enough to pass time. it gets quite repetitive, and upgrades? Nah.
Graphics and sound are awesome though!

Thanks for your reply.

How far did you make it? I presume the game wasn't challenging enough to test your reflexes.

Furthermore, there are an upgrades in the game, but add to many upgrades would make teh game too easy, reflexes are still key.

well

it was so boring but addicting so a 4 suits it

Thanks for your reply.

As with NoStandingOnSteps, I presume it wasn't challenging enough.

Cool

This is a lot of fun and it's enjoyably 'retro.' The author apologizes for the poor quality of the sound effects, but I actually kind of liked both the sound and the music; reminded me of games on the original nintendo system (especially the explosions, sounded a lot like "Contra").

I'm also discovering that I like pretty colors.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, only reason regarding the sound quality, was that MP3 just kills any kind of clarity, especially on the music. When I first compiled using somewhat higher quality MP3s, the filesize was almost 8MB! I thought that was rather large, although several songs are in the game, not just two or three. So, I reduced the quality to reduce the file size for faster load times.

The sounds, especially the big explosion, was actually modeled after Contra. ;-) I took a square wave and some "noise" waves, and played around with them.

Pretty colors. :-)

real nice

A well made and thought out game. The old school feel was reproduced perfectly and all the sounds and visuals were dead on. A simple concept that was fun to play. Congrats and good luck on your next flash.

Great game

Reminds me of tempest on windows, but better. Great game.