Reviews for "Code Monkey Tycoon"

EASY EASY EASY

i finished the game and its not so good and not so bad at all
just new features

Nearly a winner, but...

Very nice concept, graphics, and general control layout, however, some major issues that I experienced detracted from the games potential.

Cosmetics/Navigation
- The scroll bars cannot be dragged or mousewheel scrolled. AARGH.

Gameplay
- it's not clear whether motivation and salary have ANY effect on anything.
- because there's no way to slow-down or pause the game, analysis of sales/distribution information is made ineffective because there's no TIME for that :)
- also, sales / distribution information ended up being useless due to simplistic mechanics of strategy. definitely need a better way to make that information useful and, more importantly, NECESSARY.
- highly disappointing that you could simply crank out tons of titles, with no advertising, and plenty of crappy reviews, and then start making profit with the mindset of "throw the entire kitchen at the wall, SOMEthings bound to stick".

This game's got great potential, but it's got some major flaws in strategy and gameplay mechanics. If those were addressed, I think you'd have a reallygreat game on your hands.

thomas-devon responds:

Thank you for your constructive comments, we will try to address your concerns in 2.0.
You may pause the game by going back to the main menu, but you are right that analysing sales requires a pause button.
Initially, we had a different income strategy (bad games hardly made any money), but due to the difficulty that most people faced when starting the game business, we increased their impact. We might have over-increased it a little, though.
Again, thanks for your review, it was very helpful.

hmmm

not bad.. ..

the greatist idea ever

but probally the game that could use the most improvement ever dude for one make better instructions but also make a shit load more features so it doesnt get so repetitive so quick i like the idea that u dont win u just make more money but u need some serious improvement o it doesnt get boring so quick but still man this game could be ranked 1st if u just give 100% effort and take some time

hmmm

Ok game but get repetive after a while and the lack of mute button (Yoville music arghghgrrhghrhg) and time control is quite frustrating.