Reviews for "Code Monkey Tycoon"

enjoyed)))))

got boring after 300'000'000...

Alright Game

I think this is a pretty decent game although after a while, it's just a little easy, I mean my first try, I went bankrupt, so it seemed hard but then I worked out a little trick, since your opening employee doesn't get paid, you can use it to descover new technology for the easy ones. Yeah, anyway, I thought it was good for a while but as it got on, it just didn't have a chellenge anymore.

The graphics are good, I do like them, but I think that in the lab and development area, you should have it starting to fill with people depending on your employees. Also, you could have a team for advertising, which brings me onto my other point. Advertising seemed to only be specific for one game, it would be better if you could have a general advertising setting.

Scrolling was a pain, I didn't enjoy scrolling, if it was smoother then yeah it wouldn't have been noticible, lol. The stats for employees don't seem to change but in reality, the more someone programms, the more experiance they get in that area. Unless it does go up and I didn't notice.

The final thing I can think of suggesting is allowing the user to name their user, name the company and name the games themselfs, it would give more for them to do. You could probably also introduce game awards into it for users to collect for fun.

Yeah, probably too many suggestions, but this game is pretty good as it is, just needs some added things maybe, even cover design just for fun, lol. Definatly needed a mute button, the background tune does get boring after a while. The game wasn't too hard to play once you work it out and it was easy to move around it, so good work overall, I like that idea behind it.

4/5

Okay game

In the end I had 260 million and every game was great, not much to do after that.
Scrolling was a bitch though

OH GOD!

The money Im getting from the C++ Multiplayer is ridiculous, I went from 5 million to 70million now and its still rising. The moment I got that money was no longer an issue. But other, fun and addicting game though it could have A LOT more added.

The reviews from the gaming companies were incredibly shallow and short. A development lineup would've been nice, continually going back to the development screen to give my 4 teams a new task every few seconds was quite annoying. The scrolling down on the games Ive previously made is wrong, the very button are the newest but whenever I go into the advertisement, distribution or results screen it would reset back to the top and I had to click my way through hundreds of discarded games to get to my newest babies...

Meh.

thomas-devon responds:

Hi, thanks for commenting.
We made the game so that multiplayer games require work, but bring in impressive revenues (just like in real life).
The reviews were previously longer and considered several factors, but we had to reduce them in order to translate the game to all the different languages.
You are right regarding the scrolling pain - we are planning to add a feature to solve this in the future.
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your helpful comments.

Nearly a winner, but...

Very nice concept, graphics, and general control layout, however, some major issues that I experienced detracted from the games potential.

Cosmetics/Navigation
- The scroll bars cannot be dragged or mousewheel scrolled. AARGH.

Gameplay
- it's not clear whether motivation and salary have ANY effect on anything.
- because there's no way to slow-down or pause the game, analysis of sales/distribution information is made ineffective because there's no TIME for that :)
- also, sales / distribution information ended up being useless due to simplistic mechanics of strategy. definitely need a better way to make that information useful and, more importantly, NECESSARY.
- highly disappointing that you could simply crank out tons of titles, with no advertising, and plenty of crappy reviews, and then start making profit with the mindset of "throw the entire kitchen at the wall, SOMEthings bound to stick".

This game's got great potential, but it's got some major flaws in strategy and gameplay mechanics. If those were addressed, I think you'd have a reallygreat game on your hands.

thomas-devon responds:

Thank you for your constructive comments, we will try to address your concerns in 2.0.
You may pause the game by going back to the main menu, but you are right that analysing sales requires a pause button.
Initially, we had a different income strategy (bad games hardly made any money), but due to the difficulty that most people faced when starting the game business, we increased their impact. We might have over-increased it a little, though.
Again, thanks for your review, it was very helpful.