Reviews for "Super Mafia Land"

Needs more originality

I applaud your ability to create a game. The art was nearly flawless, and the gameplay was good.
The problem is, the art and the gameplay (even the level design, character select, etc) were copied almost completely from Super Mario Brothers 2, NES. I understand it's a homage, but that doesn't mean it needs to be identical. There was plenty of room for more originality, especially on the art side of things. I played through the first section and it brought back memories, which is why you get a 7. But it didn't deliver anything new. With a name like Super Mafia Brothers (which is clever), I at least expected to see some sort of gameplay mechanic or art design that would stray from the original Mario Brothers to deliver something new and creative. Instead I got the same thing I could play on my NES emulator. I think it shows your potential as 2D game makers/animators/designers, but definetely work on your originality.

Overall, good job, though. Fun. Although a bit laggy, and my computer usually handles these things pretty well. In fact it always does. So I'm wondering if it's me.

it was good

im not really into remakes but i think this one was well done

a few flaws

I found one major flaw: You fall through the platforms.This mostly happenes on the clouds, when you land on the corner and the whole body falls down. It's annoying. You have to land right in the middle to get it to work. ANd, I found no difference between the three characters.

Not without problems, and lacking in creativity

This was a neat tribute to Super Mario Bros. 2. It had nice control, especially when compared to other Mario flash games, and it had nice, smooth animation. But, this game is not without its flaws, annoying ones.

The bonus game was a bit pointless, it was left entirely to chance. It was randomly pointing and clicking. In addition, I don't know if everyone had this problem, but when I wanted to jump, I pressed "A" by instinct (like in the original game) and would end up running of a cliff. Stealing the key was the worst. Imagine, you've stolen a key from a room and you're running away from a phanto. He's gaining on you when you reach the door the key goes to. You press up to use it, only to end up jumping, by then, the phanto has reached and killed you.

All together this game was certainly more good than bad, more fun than annoying, and definitely a game worth checking out.

Before I forget, what was the significance of this being a Mafia-themed game? The only elements that relate to the Mafia are the three characters. The rest is just Super Mario Bros. 2 remade in flash.

Shame

Loved the animation, but the speed at which everyone went was just stupid, I know its not actually Mario but wasn't it a little more fast paced than this??

It possible it was just my computer I dunno.