Reviews for "Tree Troopers"

Pretty cool

At first I was really, like, REALLY frustrated that this game was so hard, but as I played it a couple of times, one gets to understand the mechanics of the game; and soon, it becomes a really fun match of push and pull. But to beat it, I basically had to have 2 mana trees, and the rest were cactuses (catci?). But overall the balance work was good, but I found the pumpkins completely useless. Unless they were cannon fodder, but even still it was easier to let the cactuses just brunt it out.

AWESOME!!!

It reminded me of my days as a planeteer XD
but, I digress, this was pretty damn fun and REALLY original, which I L-O-V-E love from the bottom of my probably almost non-existent heart XD
I'm even mean to mahself lolz
but neway, the only gripes I have about this game is the pause occasinally malfuctions and when you come back half your trees are gone and the other ones are dying, and that on slower computers you sometimes can't get to the nuke in time.
Other than that, fuckin' awesome game.
^_-

mofunzone responds:

thanks for AWESOME review!! Please join our newsletter at our site if you want an update on part two! Thanks again for playing!

w00t!

the first time i tried was an epic fail.
second time, DESTROYED!

hah great game.

Simply Incredible

This is one of those game that, despite its simplicity, is quite magical. The music is incredibly ambient and truly sets a glorious mood for the play of the game. The sound never gets annoying and only reinforces the wonder that is this game. The graphics are clean and, while not the greatest visuals possible, fit the theme perfectly. Its very nice how, despite a huge amount of screen activity, the game seems to incur zero lag.

The gameplay could use a little cleaning up though. The only towers that appear to be useful are the Mana Restoration Bushes, Pumpkin Trees, and Cacti Plants. Anytime I tried to play the game using all the available towers, I would lose horribly. The best strategy I found was to start with two mana bushes, add in two pumpkin producing plants, then all the rest cacti and the enemy would be destroyed.

Some recommendation how this could be improved if this is something you plan on sequelizing (I made up that word); maybe make a tower that deflects enemy bullet (it honestly does get a little overwhelming deflecting all the bullets, my wrist started to hurt a few minutes in). The healing towers appeared 100% useless, troops don't die enough, especially when upgraded, on top of that, the sheer number that are produced overwhelm a need to heal them. Perhaps the healing towers could heal the buildings instead? Those were harder to keep alive than anything towards the end of the game. The archer towers appear useless to me once the cacti are upgraded and do their super shooting on their own.

These are only a few recommendation that I offer you to make this spectacular and beautiful game closer to perfection. I really like this and hope you continue to make more in the future! You have talent!

Great!!

Great game! The graphics were simplistic and allowed many objects to be on the screen simultaneously, while still being good looking. The gameplay was fast paced and enjoyable but still a challenge. The music was beautiful and added perfect ambience to the game. The ending was oddly pleasing and the entire game carried a "go-green" message which I think was very cool.
But It did have some minor flaws. I found that archers were pathetically useless along with both turrets there wasn't much of a need for health buildings/health turrets/health upgrades, considering that cacti die in close to one hit and pumkins are meant to be shot at.
The problems aside, this is a good 'un. Very nice job.