Reviews for "Defy the Faith"

Just effing EPIC! :)

When I first came to Newgrounds, I found this song by chance and fell in love with it. I was quite the role player at the time and made it the main theme for one of my characters. The defiance in the song is very known, without the title it seems rebellious and uncaring to please anyone but your own tastes. Defying the expectations, the reality of your fans, and every little fact about yourself. You can clearly hear a struggle to represent what you want to, and not what others believe you to be. At around 2:40, its like a cyclone of uncertainty.

You don't know where to go, what to do, and then you finally have your hand covered in a metal gauntlet to fight back against all the oppression. At 3:30, its as if you partially failed, and took someones hand that led you down your path before you saw their true goal to convert you. 4:15, you come back to your senses and begin to push them away, drawing your sword and readying your metal fist once again before you finally defeat them. Suddenly, your old and elder past comes back to challenge you once more. You're left to fight this person, this... past self for dominance. Not because its you, but because its a mask of who you were, and not who you wanted to be within. 5:50, the struggle continues, but its gotten easier. You're realizing the dream and making it reality.

6:15, you're calmer, more expectant of the unexpected. You take up a sword for your pledge, and put it down for a new one. You care for it, and use it in your off time so it never is left alone. You keep pushing up until the end, your dream seen through, while looking to pass the torch. You never gave in, and defy all the faith you never wanted from people. You have better friends, your family sees you for the truth and is proud. Your fans came back to the real you.

You have some incredible pieces. This one is quite pumping and you say it is merely a random thing you did - Wish I had that skill level.

I know it is awkard to request, but can I use this as an outro theme for a gameplay series on my channel? I understand if you don't want to, but I had to ask.

You got a good atmo mixing on this song. The change of mood might look anti-climatic to some, but it totally appeals to me.

Keep up the good work! :)

At 2 minutes Im already in love with this track man! Its reminds me of Guilty Gear not sure if you played that game or not, if you haven't YOU SHOULD GOOD SIR!! Well Done man keep it up!!