Reviews for "DBZ- Goku Turns Evil Ep1"

awsome!

that was pretty cool i totally understand that shenron has limits, it's cool that you didn't make shenron all-powerful like everyone thinks he is. awsome idea for an evil goku, pure guinius. i do have a request for the next one though, can you make the text move slower plz? that'd be nice. (for the final, you should have evil goku vs vegeta both as super saiyan 4) all for all, pretty danm good flash!

OLD293 responds:

Thx, glad to see that you liked my concept and enjoyed the flash =)

I might be able to fix the text. The buttons and actionscript won't be a problem, it's just the music. I'll have to loop it so it doesn't get out of sync with my music coordination and such (and so it won't make the file size big).

As for your request, it wouldn't really fit as teen Gohan is going to be in this (so you get the picture). Thx for the review, hope you stay tuned for Episode 2.

Nice job!

The only thing i hate is the background moving so fast when they run or fly fast.

It makes me dizzy.

Could change opinions of sprites animations

I thought this was a perfect example of how to make a sprite right. Even though people (such as I) generally feel that using sprites should get less respect in comparison to other flash makers, there is more to making a great flash than just the artwork.
The skills it takes to make a story clear and compelling is the same regardless of which medium is used to portray it. I found this clip really captured my attention, and left me wanting more. The music perfectly matched the scene, accentuating the feel of the story.
I must say, I would've preferred voice acting, or maybe less obtrusive and "prettier" subtitles. I personally feel there was a good balance of storytelling and action, so I hope you won't go over the top with action in the second episode and sacrifice story. There are hundreds of action sprites, but this has the potential to be something else completely.
(Side note: Though some commenters are saying that Shenron's 36 hours of Evil limitation is BS, I figure that Goku is pretty much the most good being in the whole Dragonball universe, so it's gonna take more than Shenron to quell that!!)
Total respect for you, Tactical. I don't know if any sprite will ever be a 10/10 rating... too much prejudice. But you might be able to change at least a few people's opinions on sprite animations.

OLD293 responds:

Wow, nice too see someone actually giving positive feedback while not being too negative at the same time. I'm workin on a test movie as I speak to up the action but I shouldn't sacrifice story in the next episode, hopefully. I'm no good at stories though, but I'll try my best to keep everything balanced.

evil

why evil why goku its just some shity parody but stil good

OLD293 responds:

lol, plz don't waste your time "reviewing" my work with just your opinion. If your going to type at least tell me why you think it's "shity". So called reviews like this is why people don't like some of the people of Newgrounds now.

Lovin Goku's new threads

Not bad. Bit shitty about the whole "I don't have the power to turn him permanently evil, therefore he will only be evil for a maximum of 36 hours" bit. Shenron would have the power to make Goku permanently evil and the Z Fighters should have had to travel to Namek to get Porunga to return Goku to normal. That is just my opinion but your idea was still cool. Keep it up

OLD293 responds:

Z-Fighters can't get to Namek by themselves, they would have to board a ship or something. And do you really think an "evil" goku would just let them do it? Let alone why would they leave an evil goku on Earth by himself, thats asking him to destroy Earth.

As for Shenron's power, he has limits, and you really don't know if he'd be able to turn Goku evil as it's never happened. He can't even revive someone more than once so how can he permanently change someone's personality and outlook?

Like I've been saying, I wouldn't know how to go along with him being permanently evil, so I went with this. Thx for the review though.