Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Ballad of the Windfish"

All I can say is ... Oh. My. God.

This is fantastic. So peaceful and full of nostalgia, exactly what I feel when I play Links Awakening. Well done, this is fantastic.

Thanks so much! :D

Wow! This is just amazing!

VGSongbird responds:

So much freaking win! It's been too long since I checked into the audio portal. It definitely doesn't hurt to have played the game, but nice transition into Latin.

Thanks! I'm glad that I graced your "once-in-a-while" audio check in :D

Well it's been quite a while since the last vocal submission, but I must say time hasn't changed the beauty in your voice. Just like Zelda's Lullaby this has amazing vocal work, and the lyrics for the most part work very well with the song and reflect the tone and feel of the song. There was a spot in the beginning in which the pitch went off some, and I would have liked it to all be in Latin compared to about half and half because it works better with the song feel, and the song sounded overall better during the Latin section of the lyrics. 4.5/5 I don't like it quite as much as Zelda's Lullaby, but it is still very well done, and though pitch goes off a couple times in the beginning and my preference would have rather had Latin lyrics for the feel of the song, I still like it quite a bit. Also, the download doesn't work for me, so I was wondering if you disabled downloads? Thanks for reading -Staadsy

VGSongbird responds:

I never pitch correct my vocals, which will sometimes create the "Live Off-Pitch" problem. And I decided to keep the lyrics half Latin/half English simply because that's how it came to me that night. But I am happy that you gave me your honest feedback. It's very helpful ^_^

the song is so calm