Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Ballad of the Windfish"

Absolutely amazing remake of the original.

VGSongbird responds:

Once again your voice manages to capture and enthrall my attention for the longest. I think I'm on my sixth or seventh loop right now, and I can't stop listening to it. Your voice is just the right kind of soft, and manages to relax me no matter how irritated I am. Thank you very much for the music you've provided NG.

I really mean that.

VGSongbird responds:

Well thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a review!! ^_^
It's the best feeling.
Thank you.

Wow. This blew me away. The original only gives you so much to go off of, and this really does a lot with it. I've always loved all your songs with lyrics, but somehow this is one of my favorites. I love the combination of English and Latin. And of course, your voice is spectacular as well. I really have nothing to criticize. This exceeds my expectations, even for you. To think it all came from a burst of inspiration and was done in a single night, too. You never cease to amaze me. Keep it up!

Thank you.
I'm so happy that you've followed and supported me this far. It really means a lot. Thank you :D

Yay, another masterpiece, just the right lyrics to match the mood and feeling of the song itself. Again, I will be watching future work from you, keep it up!

I certainly hope you do. Thank you! :D

Was going through random audio files to see if I could find anything I liked, or anything inspirational for writing. Most were just 'meh' to me, a few made me bounce a bit which got me to download them and give them a decent rating. This piece though immediately captured my focus and I was drawn in entirely. I was distracted a bit by trying to translate the Latin bits (having those translated somewhere would be awesome <3) and I immediately had to download this.

Hoping to hear more great things from you :D I loved the blend of vocals and audio you did here. 4.5 stars because I so thought there could be some minor improvement with the backup vocals (they sometimes overpowered the main bits, obscuring what was being sung, and in the earlier part they felt a touch rushed) but the sheer fact you were able to take a relatively obscure LoZ tune and give it lyrics that made it so much better then it was to begin with is absolutely outstanding!

Great, great, great job!

Well thank you ^_^
I didn't translate the lyrics, actually, because someone told me that it distracted them last time I did it. hahaha I guess it goes to prove the old saying "you can't please all the people all the time"! :D

But I'm glad you gave it such a high score. Thank you!