Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Ballad of the Windfish"

I don't even know what to say. This is..... outstanding, to say the least. No word can compare or describe the absolute beauty of this song and your voice combined. Seriously got teary eyed, Not gonna lie. I stand by a previous comment that stated that everything you get your hands on, simply turns into a work of art. I hear this, and it feels like I'm... In a dream, on the sea. And through this symphony, I'll be set free. The first 6 lines, i feel, explain this song better than I can personally. This just relaxes the soul and eases the mind. I dare say this could stop wars. Manere fortis, amicus.

Whoa. Stop wars. That's an amazing compliment. Thank You ^_^

It's pretty damn good, you can barely hear the music apart from the cords but your voice is lovely as always.
Don't suppose you've ever considered singing a remake of "Almateria", the song for the opening sequence of the Tales of Symphonia anime?
Your voice sounds like it'd be perfect for it after hearing this o.o

VGSongbird responds:

That's kind of what I was going for--choral music is more of a combination of notes, rather than a melody with harmonies.
And I'll listen and see if it's something I'm interested in ^_^

I've been trying to remember to do a remake/tribute of this song for a while now, but this is just goddamn amazing. Well done.

VGSongbird responds:

Aww thanks :D I hope you do one so I can listen and review it!

Though your mic gain may be a little high, your arrangement and the atmosphere that you created more than makes up for it. It stands all on its own (even apart from Zelda) as one whole piece. Lyrics are not only well written, but well articulated (nice touch of latin). If the stars and votes could go to 11, you would get 11. Please keep up the good work! Looking foward to your future uploads!

VGSongbird responds:

I wish I had had my better equipment, but I'm glad you were able to overlook it.