Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Ballad of the Windfish"

you need a muffin

umm... ok???
also... what??

Never seen a submission with so many five star votes, but you deserve every. Single. One of them! This is GREAT! You should keep doing ones where you sing, because your voice is honestly the most soothing thing I've ever heard.

Well, thank you. That's very kind. ^_^

Really beautiful singing! I've wanted a 3DS for so long so I can play this game, and this makes me want to play it even more!

!
do it.
great game :D

You have a beautiful voice and this audio would relax a wild beast because it is so calm and pleasant.

Thanks! :D

As I said, It simply blows my mind you did this in one night. I mean it shows slightly, the a cappella sections have SLIGHTLY worse sound content than normal, but literally does mean nothing to me.

This has to be the best rendition of the ballad I've heard yet. I've yet to here one as dreamy as this came out to be. Starting with a soft piano rendition of the counter melody with the flute playing away into the a cappella heart of the music with the piano keeping the music together was a great decision, leaving the listener in a state of awe. I've been listening to it playing continuously sincestarting this comment and I keep thinking of this playing after Link's ship was destroyed in the storm and this was the sound drawing him to Koholint Island, with it ending with Marin looking over him. For a song you made in a single night, you have shown yourself to be amazing with the melodies, they blend perfectly and bring a sensation of dreaming, a fitting state for the song of awakening.

When you say inspiration just strikes you, that must be some inspiration. This music is beautiful and you have no idea how grateful I am you actually wrote this. It completely blows away all the expectations I had, and I'm not just saying that out of fandom. You really are a very talented musician and I hope you can do something with that talent. It would be a complete shame if that went to waste. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank you. I really do hope someday to be able to do something more with my voice, but right now, I'm am absolutely content that you enjoyed this. I made this because you requested it, and I'm happy it did justice in your mind.