Reviews for "8-bit Insomnia"

Very nice.

Thanks!

Only 4 channels...i don't know how you people do it :P
Favorite part around 2:10-2:12 just love how all the sounds mesh together perfectly :D

Wish i could give more criticism, but sadly I don't know to much about working with only 4 channels

Keep it up though!

Thanks for the review!
I'll keep it up as best I can. :)

Great stuff! I love working within the limits of 4 channels, it gives a great challenge. Also, 1 instrument is also a really hard one to work with, I've done a couple before, but I haven't done it in a while.

The only thing about this song that gets me is that it doesn't have a whole lot of variation. But other than that, it's an awesome piece.

Keep it up! :b
- Silverblazebrony

SuperBastard responds:

Thanks! I did draw it out a bit much, I guess that's the problem with only having one idea to work with :P

I really appreciate the reviews!

This song sounds really nice and reminds me of some sewer or dream levels from really old Gameboy games. The song just seems to make you think you are fighting nightmarish creatures in the level as you must beat them to get back to sleep. Very beautifully done song and sounds great.

The synth sounds nice and has a solid up and down motion for it which is very nice. The secondary synth has a feel of an atmosphere coming at you and then just fading away as you keep on going farther and farther into the level. The bass sounds great and I enjoy the solid riff it has going.

Overall, very wonderful song, I like it a lot.

SuperBastard responds:

Thanks for the review, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

I like this song. I like how it slowly builds up, adding a new thing every few seconds. I also like that there is some sort of outro towards the end of the loop. This way the loop works pretty good, except that there is a very slight timing error when the loop starts over. Maybe there's a quarter note missing at the end. It's not much, but the error is there.

Anyway, I still like it. Maybe the "bass line" (that deep humming sound) can get repetitive after a while, but on the other hand it does create a very relaxing and almost dream/sleep like atmosphere. As if I was drifting over to sleep... very nice!

{ Review Request Club }

SuperBastard responds:

I appreciate the review! I'm glad you liked the song. I don't know what it is that causes that timing error, since it works fine in .xm format. Maybe something went wrong when I converted the .wav file to an mp3.

Have a good one!