For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 94 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Desert Rifle"

a little dissapointing

This game is waaay too iffy. the shot zone blends right into the background. You need more weapons...and you call it "desert Rifle" which makes me think I'll get a Desert Eagle...but you don't...and the aiming is just a little too iffy for me...and putting "Press C to upgrde" at the bottom right is not smart...makes it too hard for anyone to see since you attention is on the battlefield. and the shot's blood stays on the screen too long...its a good concept but just wasnt as good as it could have been. and when the Sargent or whoever says "we hope they send all their troops at you" or whatever seems a little harsh...it sound like he's trying to get rid of you and take out the enemy at the same time...thats waaay too harsh IMO. and I agree with a1009kman in that the weapon selection is dissapointing...you need grenades, claymores, maybe C4s, and RPGs, a Bazooka, and maybe some mounted weapons for a little while...
and perhaps put in a few death screams?
and I may have found a glitch...I was snipering a moving troop, I had my scope on his head, sho, and nothing happened...nothing whatsoever...I know I hit him but it did no damage...
this game had potential, but it failed to reach that potential at all

It was Alright

Was pretty cool but yet a tad frustrating considering lowering the gun on the right side doesn't let him take cover sometimes

"Good but I want more boom."

Good - Reminiscent of Time Crisis Series
Sad Face - No RPG's or bazookas

Perhaps just a desert pistol

What started as some what entertaining quickly started to show a few bugs that needed some serious ironing out. Fixing these would not only make this game playable but perhaps re-playable.

Now my gaming PC is pretty heavy end so I don't know how exactly it was occurring, but there was a constant stream of halting of game play for about 0.5 seconds duration which made targeting pretty abominable in some parts. The mobs in this came out pretty thick and fast, having to deal with that issue on top of it wasn't the most enjoyable experience.

The volume of mobs also. I understand you are here to create exciting fast paced action thrills which is great, alas the pacing part I mentioned was a problem. Too many mobs, of varying kinds. I know we had mines to solve that issue but sometimes even mines weren't enough.

Guns seemed a little inefficient. I decided on the shotgun towards the end for no nonsense stopping power, as the assault rifle seemed to churn through ammo even with use in burst fire far to quickly. Having to spend half this game in reload time I would also suggest reducing the time it takes.

Lastly, the credits system. Towards the end of the experience it starts getting pretty clear that whats been offered credit wise grossly lacks for the war effort you yourself are apart of. If you're expecting people to get it from the level up system, frankly the points are needed elsewhere. This would point to a break down in balancing and should be reviewed.

There were a lot of saving graces for this FPS. The fact it was an FPS is bold in itself. The leveling system all be it needing review as I mentioned did give the game another level of interest to explore. The graphics were clean cut and did their part, perhaps with exception to the blood decal which took up half the screen.

Spend some time on this. Come back and re-post it after having a look at some of the issues and the masses might be able to sit down and enjoy a bloody, cheap thrill. In a website full of puzzle games, while they have their place you Dr Qi have found a niche.

Meh

You made it impossible to survive with your stingy credit system and awkward controls.

Fail.