Reviews for "Battle Gear"

Are those sprites?

This game works simply because it is so freaking straightforward. For all the tutorial stuff to look at, it really is a game that you can just play casually. You do have to keep up with it, but what matters is that the graphics are really good. The entire style seems a lot like "G.I. Joe" or something, which seems to be an experience you rarely get in Newgrounds games. The explosions are great to look at too. When all you have to do is really press a few buttons, it is easy to form strategy.

Russia Rules!

Woo russia is awesome

Excellent but flaws present

Game mechanism is real good, but some big flaws make it real hard to play with:
-with ships (not boats), when they attack their first unit they stop and never move again, yet continue shooting, thus destroying any of YOUR units that try to advance
-bombers that keep bombing my own base (!?), and bombers that simply do not attack anything
-when loading your saved game, all the bonuses inherent to your country (ex: low cost units for china) are removed. So you get all weakness, but no bonus...
-when going to see your achievements, it attempts (and fails) to connect to whatever server, so the message box covers your unit count

Otherwise it's really entertaining and it keeps addicted (although much more if the bugs were fixed)

Lots of flaws

Why is your English so terrible? Oh and this game is really easy at first but then gets impossible hard. Its an ok game though.

Extremely Well Done

Voted 4/5 Because TBH other than it being one of the best strategy games on NG that I've played, there are still others like it.

I liked how you mixed older and newer military vehicles together in this game, I thought it was cool when I could buy a modern tank as the last Tier :)

The music could have been a bit better though, one medium-sized track that repeats over and over gets kind of annoying after a while, although I thought it was a decent choice.

I thought the animation was decent as well, I doubt I could do better though :P
-----------------------------------
**BUG REPORT**: While playing the game after about 12 levels I got a message on the top-left corner that said "Attempting to give gold....(45sec)" or something along those lines and it wouldn't go away until after I saved and restarted
------------------------------------

Thanks for a great submission :)