Reviews for "Alien Pwnage Preveiw"

To be honest...

the music didn't really fit this game very well. I know its just a preview, so I know that it will be touched up quite a bit.

btw, the asteroid in the background kinda looked like a chode. lol.

Some good potential here...

This is a cool idea for a game. I liked how the rockets had a "spread" to them and didn't all shoot straight up, and the music was really good and got me into the game.

Ideas to make this better:

1. One of the enemy ships showed up right on top of me and immediately blew me up - I had no time to even possibly react. Limit the area that the enemy ships can randomly appear in to the upper half of the screen, or else make them delay for a second after they appear before they start firing.

2. Make more ships appear on-screen as the game progresses and divide the game into waves or levels that get progressively harder. Maybe you could have multiple types of enemy ships.

3. Instead of just a score, you should have the player earn money for kills and be able to upgrade their ship.

phlamingkorndawg responds:

Good ideas!

#1~ That is a bug i intend to fix. I think i will make your ship invulnerable a few seconds after death.

#2~ More ships? I tried that with weird results, but its not undoable... just some minor difficulties.

#3~ Nice... maybe, when your high score gets a certain score, your weapon changes and gets better, so when u die you dont lose it.

Thank you for your helpful advice!

This is ok

The idea is used be4. The AI spawns beneath u sometimes an gets stuck u cant shoot them an they cant shoot you.I liked the music but

nice job, man

hey, this is pretty good. I mean, I see no reason NOT to like this game; the music was good, and it was just kind of a neat little game.

Conversely, it's not the BEST game out there right now, but then again, it's just a preview, so betas are always a little worse than the full thing.

I think some improvements would be to have a limit on how many shots the enemy can fire at once, so that way, when you do die, there's like a second or two of regeneration, but not so much as it feels like, say, Galaxian. It could benefit from some powerups, but like you said, it's getting worked on. It would be nice to have like a set amount of lives, a new life from beating a certain enemy that pops up from time to time, new level backgrounds, music and stuff like that.

Either way, nice work :)