For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 12 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Average Girl"

Ok... I don't know what to say... just... awesome.

Oh man, oh man, where do I start.

The intro was a mix of typical Hania-styled slow vocal build-up complemented by the piano, but there was a clear influence from ED on the tune (the time opposition between the drums and the piano especially appealed to me from a drummer's POV), which overall sounded fantastic. I could see the slow build-up into the main riff, but to be honest there were a couple of parts where the drums felt a bit off IMHO; I think it could've used a little more snare on some parts of it, and perhaps a speedy break to transition into the riff, but overall it was pretty good.

The main part of the song was pretty well-done; the melody itself didn't try to overcome the lyrics and even though the lyrics were speedy, their placement on the track made them quite easy to follow and understand, even without looking at the script in the description. The only thing that was a bit off was the volume of the vocals, which imo could've been mixed a bit louder than that, since Hania's singing voice is naturally a bit soft. I suppose it could be worse if ED added his typical shreds in the verses and chorus, but it all turned out pretty neat in the end. As for the solo, well, I liked it, but that's a bit more subjective I guess, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Overall, this is a great track, one I'm definitely downloading! I just wonder why I didn't find out about this the minute it came out.

I love this. I'm not a big fan of Hania, but I just love the mix of her vocals and Marco's guitar skills.

GOOD SONG.. MAKE MORE COLLABS PLEASE :D

Totally awesome.

It's a bit shameful that the mix is so rough though. Punk is rough, i get it. :P But the vocals get pushed away by the heavy mix on the guitar together with it's sheer volume.

I'd love to hear this again with some better balance between vocals and the guitar, other than that, fantastic job, and lovely lyrics too :)

I know you must have heard this many times Miss Lee, but you have an incredible voice, but that is not what I truly like about your music, it is the diversity and the nice twists you cannot stop from putting inside your songs, this is extremely rare and I respect that with all my heart, your music has truly been a great inspiration to me and helped me open my eyes a bit on the musical side of life. I am truly happy the year 2012 did not slap you right across the face and I truly hope you continue this marvellous path.

Juizoi