For the month of March we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 73 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in April!

Reviews for "Average Girl"

Holy Sh*t!
Man, this is awesome, perfect guitar-vocals combo.,
I'm is discovered this, plz keep on this awesome work!

/ $tijn

Holy shit. I just came on NG looking for some art of yours to use as a CD cover image for my MP3 player and the Evil-Dog Xmas tracks I have. Glad I came across this. Its been years since I've listened to anything from Hania. Now its been 1 minute and this shit will be listened to several times more very shortly. Great stuff as always.

so how do you do this?

fl studio plugins or you just plug your guitar into the computer

awesome song btw

AWESOME JOB!!!!

A collab between Evil-dog and Hania, now that's something I didn't expect... Let's move to the unnecessarly long rating! (sorry!)

<>Lyrics - 8.0/10 : The lyrics where surprisingly detailed, there wasn't much repetition, which is, in my opinion, great! The theme was playful and fun to listen to (I giggled at the automatic car part) it hit me in a similar way to Tetris in the Toilet by Evil-Dog. The downside, however, is that there wasn't much focus on rhymes (which detracted from the musicality), that's partially forgiven since that's kinda inherent to the punk style.

<>Vocals - 6.5/10 : Please, don't get me wrong, Hania is still, by far, my favorite vocalist in Newgrounds, but I think she still needs more experience with punk songs. Her voice sounded, as usual, soft and easy to listen to (I'm still amazed by her perfect pronunciation and her beautiful australian accent). That would be perfect for jazz, indie and many other genres she has sung, but it doesn't fit punk perfectly, you should try to let your voice break a little bit at the end of long verses to give that "metal / punk" feeling (that would have been more easy and efficient if there was higher notes there, but I don't have much musical knowledge to contribute here, sorry...). Other than that, her performance was top-notch.

<>Instrumental - 8.5/10: I enjoyed the percussion and the main guitar lines, the pauses were pretty well placed in my opinion. I also liked the soft drum and bass intro (kinda jazz-ish, no? I love jazz). I would liked to hear a more expressive guitar solo, but that's probably just me. The only down part, in my opinion, was that the ending was maybe too abrupt (but again, that's kinda inherent to punk songs).

All in all, the song was very satisfactory. In relation to the average ratings of newgrounds, I'd have rated it 5 stars (as I did in the score so I don't harm your score), but as the reviews are more meant to provide feedback, I tried to be more severe (it torns me appart to rate Hania's vocals a 7.5!). I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Well, you are probably tired after reading my nonsensical rambling, so I will finish this review here. Godspeed.