Reviews for "One Quiet Winter Night"

Awesome!

Giant work indeed but you reached a top of beautiful graphics and animation! Freakin' awesome!

Nice

You just don't see much work done in pastels these days. Wonderful change of pace, and good-quality, too.

Esn responds:

It just looks like pastels; it was painted in ArtRage really. I described the technique over in this link: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/
showthread.php?t=9381

I liked it a lot

I'm not sure how you animated it, but I could tell it takes a lot of effort. Very well done.

Esn responds:

The artwork was drawn in ArtRage, and the images were saved either as GIFs (to save space without losing quality - mostly the backgrounds), or as PNGs (where transparency was needed around the edges of the image, such as the reindeer). It was animated in Flash by importing all the images into the library and making them into movieclips, and moving them around either with tweens or frame-by-frame modification.

Send me a PM if something's unclear.

The Dingy Touching Granddaddy's of Yesteryear!

So this was really something. It had the colors, the Santa, and most importantly it was family friendly. As long as it's good with the kids it's good with me. I am glad this is good for the kids because most vidyas around these parts just aren't appropriate for the young eyes that view them . I believe they should delete all the none family friendly vidyas on this site, because the kids are most important. Am I right or what?

Esn responds:

I don't think you're right (all videos on Newgrounds have a rating, so you can easily tell what's family friendly and what's not), but I do agree that the balance here is heavily skewed toward non-family-friendly material. There's still a lot of good family-friendly material on Newgrounds, though. I'd recommend starting with the films of Dustball.

nice