Reviews for "Serendipity in 2D"

Good game

I sat here for just over an hour playing this, I love games that make you think. I think I have everything figured out but how to save the guy on the roof. I tried using the cloud to blow him back when he tried to jump, I tried using the steam to stop the person who chases after him. But no such luck... Great game though

McSpazz responds:

You are very close--it's just a timing thing with the steam.

Great Concept.

interesting way to kill a half hour.
was a lot of fun. I like the simplicity you were going for with the graphics but I think there are more pleasing ways to do simple.
also there are some odd things that bug me like when characters just disapear off stage. It takes away from the scene itself.

Two things I'd like to see you work on as an artist is the style and the balance.
Just advice, in no way do I mean to take away from the fact that this is a very interesting puzzle.
**********SPOILER*********
Now here is the solution as I have it so far. (still can't figure out the sleeping cafe worker.)
First get the mole just before the steam switch, turn it on and then click the mole again to jam the steam switch.
Then call the ambulance, when it arrives click the cloud on the right three times to make it strike the house in the background. With the ambulance there the firetruck will park on the lawn and get it's ladder stuck in the tree.
click the tree on the left and when the squirrel is in the tree on the right click the firetruck and it will fling the squirrel into the second floor air duct.
then click the tv antenna on the roof.
on the first floor open the elevator for the nurse
on the second floor wait for the coffee guy to grab the coffee pot, click him and them immediatly click the bathroom door below him to distract the janitor.
when the coffe guy runs, click the surgeon he was talking to and he will walk to the elevator.
open the elevator for him and he will go into the surgery ward on the top floor.
now TAKE A LIFE
click the woman on the right side of the third floor and cause her to go into shock
as soon as the nurse picks up the defibulators click the switch in the basement to shut off the power. This will cause the woman to die and the nurse will walk towards the elevator. Open the elevator and she will go to the fourth floor and cry in the supply closet.
Now click the medkit in the surgery ward next to the Doctor and he will walk to the elevator. Let him into the elevator and he will find the nurse in the supply closet and comfort her, they will both now walk to the cafe.
now to SAVE A LIFE
on the first floor click the switch on the right to call the helicopter.
when the guy in the blue cap starts walking twards the jumper click the pipe and it will release steam causing him to trip and hang off the edge.
to save him click the jumper and he will attempt to pull him up but be unable to, but if you click the cloud near the building as he pulls it will blow the man with the cap back onto the roof and they will walk off together.
Now so far that is all I know.
I cannot figure out how to wake up the man sleeping in the lounge and I don't understand the point of making the man with the glasses on the top floor drink the soda and run to the bathroom.
*********SPOILER**********

McSpazz responds:

Thanks for the review. I agree that there are different ways to do simple, and truth be told, i felt that it came out a little too rigid, but i'll live with it. Also, since most characters are important, taking them off screen felt like a good way to help suggest you've made a mistake.

You're very close to solving it. The key is the squirrel in the tree, the fire engine, and the dude wearing glasses. Good Luck, and thanks again for the review!

good game, but it took me a long time to figure it

out, i look forward to the next one.

ps: for anyone wondering, the 3 things you can click at the ending screen are the coffee pot, the coffee machine, and the moon

lol at the janitor in the end.

Hmm...

It's good and I like it, but it has too little direction.
maybe you need to add in a little less to throw people off so more people could solve it, but it is up to you.
Good work, confusing as it is!

very fun but...

i can find out two things i know how to get save a life and death but how do you find love?