Reviews for "Serendipity in 2D"

Gahh, it's frustratingly hard XD

Ugh, I completed it. Took about an hour or more just to complete it. This was challenging and it really got my mind thinking and this point and click puzzle game really needs lots of trial and error. I noticed that the house and coffee machine are kind of useless as well. Oh, and what are we supposed to do at the scene after completing it? Just a bonus level or something?

Well, here's a walkthrough for those of you who are wondering how to complete it. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TO SPOIL YOUR GAME. DO NOT READ.

First, click on the mole beside the right tree until it's right above the Steam lever. Click on the lever, then click on the mole. Now click on the NUTS machine at the top-left corner of the building. Click on the elevator at the top floor. Click on the left phone on the first floor.
The ambulance will then make its way. Then click on the right cloud until it strikes the house and brings the fire engine. Click on the left tree to bring the animal to the right tree. When the fire engine reaches, click on the fire engine, and that will send the animal flying into the vent. Next, click on the thing on the top-right (Don't know what that's called :P). That'll make the guy in specs walk out of the room.
Click on the vent on the second floor, then click on the elevator. (I'm gonna stop typing click from now on.) Elevator on the first floor. Nurse goes up to third floor. Patient at the right of the third floor. While nurse is going to use the defribulators, click on the switch beside the broom. Elevator.
Concentrate on the two at the second floor. When the one on the right is taking the brown jug, click on him. At the same time, click on the toilet. Doctor with the blue mask. Elevator. When doctor with the blue mask reaches x-ray room, click on the purple medikit inside the x-ray room.
Right phone on first floor. Click on the pipe at the top floor as soon as the guy has an exclamation mark above his head. Guy with blue cap will hang on ledge. Click on the other guy. While he's trying to save him. Click on the cloud. Voila!

If it doesn't work, check your timings and everything. Enjoy :)

McSpazz responds:

Congrats dude. I appreciate you taking the time to figure it all out. Yeah, the last screen is just a bonus, the nurse and doctor on their first date. Also, there's a bonus clickable or two there. Thanks for playing!

Great little game + WALKTHRU

I actually took the plunge and joined just so I could comment on this and also write a walkthru. I was really stuck for a while and couldn't find one, but then I figured it all out muahahhaa so I thought I'd post one.

First the game: I am judging this game according to it's genre/plot which I think it did great... Which means HEY! Great game! :)

Graphics are reasonable, but more importantly they feel "right" for this game. Even though the characters are stick figures they are very expressive and manage to convey the mood set of this game eloquently. Love the channels on the TV :) Kudos for that. Some things did cause confusion though which is what brought down the score from a full 10 points...

Which brings us to the gameplay. This is a puzzler which means you are supposed to click stuff, see what happens and figure out how to use the resulting effect. This is perfectly fine, but some of the stuff didn't make any sense until the characters put it in context - which would make it less of a puzzler and more of dumb luck trial and error. Luckily the things that were "undefinable" where not interactive even though they were an integral part of the plot...

Examples:
1) Had it not been for the hints letting us know that the sleeping man was a the café manager I would have never understood that the "something that squirts out some sort of juices" (as mentioned by Kelysa below) was the coffee machine in the café. I would have referred to it as brown sludge until I noticed the coffee bean on what I thought was an arcade game :-)
2) The room with all the presents lol, is actually a medical supplies cabinet? SPOILER ALERT: The surgeon runs out of something contained in one of those present boxes and heads for more in that supply room.
3) I'd still like to know what the hell the janitor is fiddling with in cellar... fusebox?

Like I said before though, this doesn't bring down the gameplay just makes you go "huh - so that's what it was!"

WALKTHRU: You have to do some things before you do others so here is one way of doing it.

1) Push the GOPHER 3 times (until he is above the steam switch), throw the STEAM SWITCH and quickly push the gopher so he jams the switch.

2) Give the guy next to the vending machine some NUTS and let him ride the ELEVATOR. Destroy the ANTENNA on the roof so he leaves.

3) Read this one through before you do it as the timing is crucial. Call the helicopter (click on the receptionists RIGHT PHONE). As the pilot sees the jumper and starts heading towards him you have to blind him with STEAM by clicking on the little exhaust PIPE on the roof just as the exclamation mark (!) by the pilot goes away. He winds up on the ledge instead of the jumper. Push the LEFT CLOUD to get a helping gust of wind as you click the JUMPER to help him up. You just saved a guy. Woohoo!

4) Call an AMBULANCE (the receptionist's LEFT PHONE). Now press the right CLOUD until it shoots a bolt of lighting and burns down a house which calls forth a fire engine... After it has parked next to the ambulance, shake the left TREE so that the squirrel jumps over to the right tree (with the fire ladder in the foliage). Now send away the FIRE ENGINE by clicking on it.

4) Push the WINDOW where the rodent flew in and it will wake up the café worker. Let him ride the ELEVATOR to work.

5) TICKLE the chatty guy by the nurse/surgeon when he is pouring coffee from the pot. Now quickly press the TOILET DOOR so the cleanup janitor is occupied and the nurse is staring at the mess. Click the NURSE/SURGEON so he/she goes towards the elevator. Let her ride the ELEVATOR.

6) Click the ground floor ELEVATOR so the FEMALE NURSE can get to her patients. This next part needs some timing Give the LONE PATIENT some heart problems =) and when the nurse comes over to juice the patient with the paddles - throw the MAINS SWITCH in the cellar to cut the electricity (which of course kills the patient). YES! - you've acieved death!

7) Let the sad nurse ride the ELEVATOR. Click THE PRESENT/BOX next to the surgeon.... Sit back and watch the sweet show =) YAY!

Very Cool

This is probably one of the deepest point-and-click games I've ever played, and the most difficult. My one problem, the reason I gave a 9, is that it gets frustrating having to start open the menu and start over every time I messed up. A button in the corner would be nice, or maybe even a button that cycles back your clicks, like a backspace key on a keyboard (although I'm not sure if that's possible). Other than that, a great game.

help!

good but hard someone help please?

simple but EPIC

i liked really play this game
it is lot of fun and a good idea
but the graphics had could been minimal better