Reviews for "Guy & Buddy"

Frustrating

On stage 7, at certain points i would see the end and the guy would'nt jump, so i gave up after about 20 deaths.

HARD!!!!

how do you get past the last boss??? pm me and help me please

good but fkn ridiculous

last boss is impossible, idk maybe it' just my comp or something but after a while of hitting the antagonist her shield thing would take up the whole screen so no matter where i am my ghost will get hit.

Very cute!

This game is very good overall! The story is short and to the point. as well as very funny and cute. The game play idea is unbelievably good, though that's my only draw back. I think this game is only a few glitches short of stardom. For instance, the jump command seems to mess up every so often-actually ironically its when you need it the most from my experience. that and the control of the ghost girl. The mouse control overall is a little buggy. when you move your mouse about the screen is seems as if the girl is "struggling" to catch up with the cursor.

other than those minor setbacks, this game is really great!

4/5
9/10

great idee, some problems though

The mouse/ghost got almost uncontrollable after some deaths if you started the stage right away. However if I waited sometime before restarting the stage it was ok again. I'm not that expert in Actionscript but I assume it might be a garbage collection problem, e.g. you eventually add a listener object like Mouse.addListener(Ghost), but you don't remove it with Mouse.removeListener(Ghost) before deleting the Ghost-object or reinstantiating it's pointer; this ultimately leads the Actionscript execution to send mouse events to unused objects, until the garbage collector realizes that those are no use anymore and removes the mouse listener of it.

The story seemed quite random, but I liked it (I dislike games with no story). But I found it a pity that there was no real conclusion at all (even if it's would have been sth very simple).

The drawing was a little bit childish, but it fitted the game quite well.

The music was ok at first, but got annoying the more I played, because it seemed to get more and more nervous (and did not stopped when I died). I was a little bit disappointed that there was no option to disable sound effects and music separately.