Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Our Newgrounds quiz"

Good

Good quiz with some interesting questions that cover nearly every aspect of NG.

{ Review Request Club }

MarioFlashMovies responds:

Okay, Thanks so let's me respond:

"I especially like the points system you used here. If I answer a question wrong I get punished for it with negative points. It's much better than if I had to retake the whole quiz once I got an answer wrong."

Yeah I enjoyed it too at the testing :)

"The music is quite entertaining, but I still think a button to turn it off would be very helpful. Even the best song can get annoying after some time."

Yeah it kinda annoying but I forget the mute out off all of these actions and questions... Anyways - Stress.

"One minor error in the quiz though: England is NOT a country but part of the United Kingdom. So the answer to the question "Which country does liljim come from?" is wrong. It should be "United Kingdom" instead of "England". :P"

Yeah, But don't ask me :) I'm not the writer :(

PS - You're from this club too?

Not too bad.

Animation/Graphics - Pretty good visuals for a quiz submission. You usually don't see too much animation with quizzes or the backgrounds are rather dull or boring. You managed to get away from the boring old stuff like that and made it easier on the eyes. I liked the timer and the timer animation with the tank too.

Story/Content - You had a lot of good questions and perhaps some bad questions. There are some things that I never heard of and I've been here for quite awhile. You do need questions like that though to make it more difficult so I'm not really complaining. There were some questions that I didn't even have to think about as I was either a part of some things or just knew them. A lot of things aren't really things that you should expect anyone to know really. I'm sure even Tom himself would have gotten a couple of these questions wrong. The ranking was a little forgiving in my opinion. I say I got well over half of the questions wrong the first time and probably a quarter of the questions wrong the second time around, but still got Newgrounds Admin. You would think that somebody that didn't even know half of the information wouldn't be an admin on newgrounds. :/ Perhaps ranks that are a little bit more stricter because it seems like it's extremely easy to get the best rank, which I'm assuming newgrounds admin is the best one.

Audio - Decent audio. There was good background music and the sound effects that you get when you get a question right or wrong was a nice addition. I always think that quizzes should use some sort of sound effects like that.

Overall - Some questions were good, some questions were hard, but some just seemed almost impossible to know unless you could do some research. I also didn't use the passwords or the pause button. :P

~ Review Request Club ~

MarioFlashMovies responds:

Okay, so here's my respond:
First of all, thanks for review my Flash :)

Animation/Graphics - I with you.

Story/Content - I know most of you get admisitor, because it has a really big rang, and yes, I didn't wrote the questions, so please don't ask me :)

Audio - Thanks :)

Overall - About the questions - I know, even I when I programed it didn't knew by my self. About the password/pause: Nice dude :)

Quite good.

I enjoyed this, I played to the end. I did quite well. This was nicely made, everything was presented nicely. Text was interesting to read and added another dimension to an overused quiz type game. Keep up the work.

Kind regards -
Sirtom93.

Thanks!

feel free to call this a useless review

its too hard. i guessed on all of the questions

Okay...

Ample Research, Little Payoff.

I give you the points for a very well written newgrounds Quiz. By that, I mean that the questions were well researched. And that's just a guess really, but I'd assume you went and looked for the actual answers.

The ranking system is bugged, as in the person didn't think his math out really, and seemed to just blindsight a rank system that sounded right. As I'm well aware that it was already mentioned, it's important, because there isn't anything else in this flash worth mentioning. Sure you had those "passwords" that I didn't bother to find, since 30 seconds per question is nowhere near ample time to go searching.

It's also apparent that someone spends a little too much time on the BBS, as quite a few of the questions would only be known to the extremely nerdy people who live there. Besides that, there's quite a few things I thought would be put into such a quiz, such as Pico and Tankmen references. Sure, they mentioned Jerry Jackson and Salad Fingers, but neither of those are that "big" on Newgrounds. There were some flashes that I didn't even recognize on there, making me feel left out, but then remembering that I've heard of almost everything on Newgrounds that was ever really notable, and I have an excellent memory.

If anything else, Quiz games are awful. I gave you a 4 out of 10 for having the effort of compiling this vast of (selective) knowledge on Newgrounds.

*** THE GOOD ***
Long reviewer

*** THE BAD ***
Well, It's about Newgrounds and it's a quiz so it isn't my problem you doesn't like 'em!