Reviews for "Somnium"

Great Idea

Great Idea, loved the animation and the music, the story arc told the story well... I hate to sound a little picky, but the only thing that got to me was the "wow!" at the end, to me it felt like you didn't need to put the actual text in there. The story spoke well for it's self without it. The quote from Einstein was a very nice touch though :D

RPGsrok responds:

I put the "wow" thing in bcause the contest I entered the movie in was on the theme "wow". I wanted to make sure they got that aspect of the movie. Glad u liked the movie.

Great

Loved this. Great feeling throughout. I loved the music, I thought it was very atmospheric, perfect for this work. I guess the people saying negative things about it would rather listen to some generic hard rock shit.

Sometimes Amazing

...and sometimes not. The animation was always smooth and well-executed, but the artwork swung between incredible and awful (could definitely have lived without the first section, and your human figures could definitely use some work) and the music was pretty consistently bad... but I can relate to that, it sounds like the same kind of stuff I used to make when I was first learning to use Garageband and thought myself a musician. Definitely look into the Orchestral Pack if you want better strings, as the ones that come with it are hardly worth using; it's about the best fifty bucks you can spend on the program.

There's definite potential here, and with a little more practice and polish, you could make a name for yourself... but you're not there just yet.

RPGsrok responds:

Well I was definately trying to make the beginning more sketchy, but I think I know what you mean. Nonetheless. I hope you can see from the rest of the movie that my artistic skills go far beyond the opening. Can u be more specific on what I can work on for teh humans? the face, the hands, general porportions? Cuz even if you think its true "It all suks" doesn't help me much. Thx for advice on orchestral pack, I'll look into that.

not bad

Good animation, very cool ideas. You are pretty imaginative. The music was ok, if you were going for a video game type of sound I think you got it. But overall the music was probably not something I'd listen to otherwise.

Just one man's opinion. You obviouly worked hard on this.

Very Imaginitive

This was a great movie, and i like the doors that he passed through. Great story, if you can call it that.