Reviews for "Ain't Dead Yet"

Nice song! I can imagine it in a movie with someone wandering through the desert.
What program did you use?

Lundsfryd responds:

That would probably fit quite well. I picture the mississippi delta on a stormy night myself. I a little uncertain, but I think Kim used Logic Pro.

thats a very good blues! its badass!

Thanks :)

I guess the 'banging' sound effect could have been a little less electronic, it has a really hard attack but is otherwise kinda flat... The distorted guitar that comes in around half-way through has a weird sound, but the biggest problem is the timing somehow didn't feel right to me.

So basically some mixing issues here and there but overall it's one of the best tracks on NG I've heard in a pretty long time! Favorite'd and downloaded!

Lundsfryd responds:

thanks dude. Your points will be taken into account :)

I hate to be a jerk, but this isn't blues. It's country and ambient.

It's good ambient, but frankly,, it's too empty. The blues is supposed to be jam packed with content and lots of FAST foot stomping rhythm .

This is slow.

Not that it's bad, theere's a lot of depth to the reverb and the ambient aspects are quite good. Blues, however, is head cutting music. When the blues is played slow, it's played with many layers. This piece was intentionally sparse.

Don't mind me. I'm from Memphis, and we're picky.
Old joke: How many white guys does it take to make a legendary blues band? Answer: 0

Lundsfryd responds:

I suggest you look up John Lee Hooker's "Tupelo" - if you don't think that is blues then you can call this techno bluegrass for all I care :)
Also I will pretend I didn't see that white guys joke..