Reviews for "Xenon Prime Racing"

good

it was a very smooth game and i like the way its likes it the game but it was hard to get into 1st i only got in second :)

Technically impressive, but...

It's nice to see a 3D Flash game that actually runs more smoothly (at least on my computer... maybe Macs handle vector more easily than raster or something) than most of the 2D stuff I see. The graphical style is simplistic, but not ugly or distracting, which counts for a lot.

There just isn't enough game here, though... as others have said, it feels more like a prototype or an engine test than a finished game. It's challenging, sure... I came in first both times I played, but only by a hair... but especially with the simple graphics, there needs to be some variety in the gameplay or it gets boring very quickly.

Still, you deserve better scores than people have been giving you... way more work went into this than some crappy platformer or click-everything-really-fast game.

hey

OMG u cant see round the corner so u crash all the time and waye is the computer allowed the good hover things its to hard I always come 4th and its just mind killing I tryed 20 times and yea I bin counting and my max place is 4th or 3rd but I guees its an ok game but I dont think its in a 3D perspective that sounds abit geekey but I mean it dosent look 3D it abit does but not much =( so em everything is in a like just sideways triangles everything is in a triangle if u look hard enough
that isent 3D its just sideway triangles thats it not 3D

Lets race cars on an air-hockey table!

I hate to so completely reiterate what so many others have said, but this feels like the concept build for F-Zero. Furthermore, the game seems like it's caught halfway between "kart" style racing (like Mariokart or Crash Team Racing) and the more serious sci-fi type (like F-Zero and Wipeout). The control scheme is UBER-simple (Pole Position was slightly more complex) and the cars handled very easily so one would think "kart style." However, the overwhelming lack of typical "kart" extras (powerups, weapons, turbo, jump ramps, etc) combined with the emphasis on driving skill leans toward sci-fi. If you were interested in combining the two types, some type of collectable powerups (and possibly "colorful" driver characters) would add to the "kart" style while permanant vehicle upgrades would lend the game a more serious tone. Other things you might add: a grand prix mode that allows you to race several tracks consecutively, more initally available vehicles as well as more unlockable, varying elevation on the terrain would make the tracks more believable, and someone mentioned sounds from the vehicles as well.

Rather than making an actual sequel to Xenon Prime Racing, you may just want to complete it. As it stands, its a good milestone, just not a good stopping point.

Carni

average f-zero copy

meh it was fun but thier are bettering to do/watch!