Reviews for "Focus: The game"

bunch of whiners

people on newgrounds are a bunch of whiners...i swear...i just completed the game without failing, the trick to it is to focus on the picture as a whole, as you scroll through the focus try to notice when an item is fully focused so you can know when all the items are focused.

also elfman, 3 things i noticed:

when you complete the game it says "music:" but nothing after that
it says ending music by elfman rox but the same song plays even at the end
the button on the fret does not work

10/10
5/5

-ganon95-

Great idea for a game but

Great idea for a game but it's too fast. slow it down or place a easy mode please.
Keep the good work
7/10 + 3/5

Good idea

But you made it WAy to hard

Emrox responds:

I'll throw in a difficulty setting next time.

Or at least a check point.

Interesting concept...

Interesting concept, but I don't think you pulled it off all that well. There's too much visual precision involved. Maybe you could employ like a 'hotter colder' thing, so the player at least knows where they stand. So, say, give us five lives and give the screen a red (too high) or blue (too high) tint, and make it more accessible to the everyday user.

Otherwise, nice job, you've built a fine game with an interesting concept. 6/10

Good Idea

Good idea, good art, good music.

Here's what I would change:
1) I would make the levels have slightly more time as the difficulty increases. I retried your game once. I then got bored with it. (Or if you'd rather not do this, as an alternative, you can give the user a retry option or lives. Games shouldn't force the player to replay the whole game if they fail once.)

2) I would make the buttons more noticeable in the menus (mouse over/down/up changes as well as make the button text different than the reading text). It took me longer than I would have enjoyed to find the button to get back to the title screen after viewing the tips page.

3) This is more of a personal preference than a needed change. I would have given the player the option to hit spacebar instead of having to click "CHECK"

Keep up the good work.