Reviews for "The irRegularGame of Life"

Nice idea

I like the idea, but it became a bit treacherous after a while.

_treacherous_?

Faithful adaptation, very logical extension

I did a seminar on cellular automata in college, and judging from the blank expressions I got from my peers there (non-science majors are a drag), I am surprised to see this faithful adaptation of Conway's "game" on the front page of Newgrounds, which is typically (no offense, everybody) not a haunt of MENSA regulars. There used to be a java applet somewhere out there that could run this with customized rules, and now I miss it.

If you're planning to do another of these, that's what I'd like to see. Also, copy-n-paste or templates would be fun, such that you could bombard something boring with gliders, or mess around with a long period iterator you discovered by accident without destroying it. One more thing: being able to alter the grid's topology would be new and exciting (to nerds like me).

Congrats, you've made the "game" of life into... the game of life!

meh

pretty fun i guess

as for sandbox mode: it's amazing how easily amused the human brain can be lol

Level 15..... and blah

yawn

squidsquid responds:

Poor x8105 is jaded and has seen it all before.

Could be better

Maybe it's supposed to be this way... but I didn't know what the hell was going on. It seems that if you put the dot somewhere near the others, it MAY do what you want. It just got dull and too complicated fast. But you still get a lot of points for the programming that must have gone into this.

squidsquid responds:

The game follows simple rules but despite this its not easy to predict the outcome based on initial conditions. So its not really designed to be game where you can fully reason out the solutions, there is meant to be an element of trial and error. Most people seem to find this fun as the patterns that get produced along the way are pretty interested etc...