Reviews for "polarity"

At first..

..I was wondering how the HELL you expected us to beat the boss at Level 8.. Up until then, I didnt even know you could change ship colours, and it was pretty easy (I think I only lost 2 lives).. I eventually died on the level 8 boss, read a little more, found about the POLARITY ability, and went back with a vengeance.

That boss was by far the hardest one you come across.. the final boss was actually one of the easier ones. If you switched them around, it would be almost perfect difficulty adjustment.

I have to tell you, I really didnt like the fact that when you shot the upgrades, it changed them, and eventually blew up if you shot them enough. I constantly held down the spacebar, and noticed I didnt really care what the powerup was, I just went for it. It would be better if they were a set upgrade once they came on the screen and stayed like that, so you could choose if you liked that upgrade and was worth the risk to fly closer to the top of the screen to obtain. It was just too hard to remember which symbol meant which powerup.

Overall, though, it was pretty easy (once I found out the main gimmick of the game!) until level 13-16 (not including the last boss).. which got pretty ridiculous. I also thought the blue flying heatseekers looked more white, and at first glance, I thought they were unavoidable (as in, either colour ship wouldnt protect you), but then I saw the red heatseekers, and knew the white things had to be "blue."

Good game, albeit with a few flaws, mixed with a pretty cool idea.. nice work.

[I see you have several other 'long' reviews down below.. I guess it shows people care about your work and are willing to offer detailed help! =)]

->Suspect

ugur responds:

Haha, yeah, i imagine its super tough when one doesn´t use the polarity feature at all, maybe i should have explained it a bit better before or in the first level, i noticed most people don´t watch the Instructions and neither visit the settings menu :)
I´ll work on that once i´m done with the gameplay related things.
You´re right regarding the bosses, have to sort them better based on difficulty and also work some more on some of them.
Regarding the upgrade balls changing and also timing out quicker when you shoot them:
I made it so that shooting them has way less impact on their timer, i´ll also work on having a type that doesn´t change on getting shot but instead each time features a random (but each time different) powerup.
Yea, once one figures out the polarity thing and gets ued to the powerups its not that hard, still balancing the difficulty :)
Regarding the heatseakers and some other enemy bullets not having a clear coloring: Yeah, will work on that,too.

"
Good game, albeit with a few flaws, mixed with a pretty cool idea.. nice work.

"

Thanks for the cheers, yeah, good to hear such things in between the "Ikaruga ripoff" or "bored of this game type" comments :)

akward controls

the game is fun but the shield change is in an akward area.

It was good, but....

I definately would have loved some sort of permanent upgrade system; having said that, the graphics and game play were good - keep it up ^^

Decent

I like these kinds of games, usually, but i don't like the ones that do not let you keep your powerups from level to level. Good game, but don't steal mah stuff at the end of the level please.

demotivating bug

Nice one with the colors. I never played Ikaruga, but if its like this game, it must be fun.
Only thing... a short time after I shot this strange boss that had a rotor made of balls I collided with an enemy. After that all enemys went out of he screen, the scrolling stopped and I could fly over ground that didnt move and had no enemys. After flying some circles and trying to shoot trees with no effect I got bored and quit.
You should see, if you can fix that.

ugur responds:

hey there,
thanks for the friendly words and sorry about that bug, i meanwhile fixed it and uploaded a new version.