Reviews for "Daily Mouse Maze 10/15/08"

yes i am happy

yes man i am happy im proud of you =) this maze was kick @$$!!! alot more fun and entertaining! cant wait for more mazes

Mousey mouse.

Reminds me of a simple early Windows game or something. It's alright. If you're making them daily, well then that's pretty cool, I suggest adding in some gimmicks in the future, I'm sure they are within your current flash skill anyways considering you made a moving obstacle. Since you don't mind people pitching ideas to you. In a maze with wider corridors, you could make a floating white square platform that crosses over, I don't know, water, or lava, or.. blue mass... and just have it gently floating back and forth, and make sure it doesn't immediately run away when it touches the shore ('cause you'd never get on it without cheating that way). So yeah, neato.

This is the...

best maze to date. Way to go. Throw some audio in the next one plz?..........vp

Improvements

This series is starting to get more maze like. Where previously there was no confusion about the path, here the player may find themselves actually having to double back.

There's still something missing from this game. A lot of it doesn't feel complete. Perhaps its just the black and white maze, or even the expectations given to the player from the pre-loader.

The "Daily Mouse Maze" is coming long and I want to see more from it. I think refining your pre-loader would be the simplest place to start. Give it some structure, for me there isn't any focus and it looks quite bad and did give me some prejudgements on it before I played. Things like title screens can go along way, they let you tell the player about the project (being a daily thing there might be something interesting to say), can give a quick instructional and its reusable to other daily mazes. Also looks better. The map itself was good, as far as a map can go, it wasn't as straight forward as the previous one but it wasn't that difficult either. A possible way to make it look better as a whole would be themed mazes. Maybe an English hedge maze where your cursor is a little man from top-down view, or a space them where the maze is an asteroid field and your cursor a star ship. I'd suggest looking into custom cursors as a side note.

All in all, a welcomed instalment with improvements made and I look forward to seeing how far you take this concept.

Holonboy responds: