Reviews for "Brackenwood: The Game"

this guy looks like sonic

Shhh!!

I really like the sprite work and music. It looks TERRIFIC! The movement just kinda killed it for me. The control just feels, I don't know how to properly describe it..."sticky"? Other than that, I think it's pretty fun.

Kwing responds:

Oh shit, people still play this?

For reals, this game is hard... and wierd. Is okay though

Kwing responds:

3/5 is generous for a game this old.

It's has shaky controls. wierd physics, and the replay value is low to me. However. it does have decent visuals. As for the main character, even though he is a "recolor", at least he has a little variation to it, unlike other recolors I've seen. If this were given more time and better controls, then this would be a solid game.

Kwing responds:

Thanks, I definitely agree.

...

Because, this doesn't look like sonic or anything o.o
It's not really well matched to it's animations.
Compared to the animations, this is an insult, the game play is somewhat kind of a bad sonic recolour game. Perhaps if the controlling was a bit more improved this could be an excellent game, but the whole concept seems to be just boring, looping and downright tedious. Apologies, I'm sure you worked hard, but by the looks of it you haven't really put much effort into this. It just looks half heartedly worked on. If I see a Bitey game, and it's worth playing. It must, have a better or same design as the animations, and should have a range of different controls and levels. All in all, nice work, but maybe try a bit more next time. Just a suggestion.

Kwing responds:

"Apologies, I'm sure you worked hard, but by the looks of it you haven't really put much effort into this."
Well damn, that statement sure makes a mockery of itself, doesn't it?

I don't see why people continue to slam this submission when I made it over three years ago and my skills have improved greatly since.