Reviews for "Weapons Maths Destruction"

not that good

of course the idea is good, but the game behind the idea is boring, just shootin tanks and answer maths questions, i dont know...
when i read about this on the front page, i thought about a tank game where i have to calculate angle, velocity and so on in order to hit the other tanks, but this is kinda ...lame
jm2c

very original game

great idea!haven't played such a game yet. it was big fun! and kind of addictive.

PS: i liked the music and would love if u or some1 else could tell me the name of the ingame track!

errollww responds:

TEDD made the music, check out their site on myspace:

myspace.com/teddrec

Hello, this is SolidFlam speaking!

+ Very good implementation, the game looks slick and I didn't notice any bugs.
+ I like the concept of different enemies and different questions, you know what you expect and manage priorities.

- The movement is a bit problematic, I got hit more than once before I tried to escape to another "street" but because a tiny corner of my tank hit a tiny pixel of the street I got stuck. Either make the movement grid based or make the streets wider.
- The fact that after you destroyed a tank it still stays on the map for a while is problematic when you have a lot of enemies to take care of.
- When I mute a game I like it when it s stays like that. Here I had to mute every time I changed a screen (menu, actual game, game over screen).

* It would be nice to see some health or power ups to increase a single session's length.
* Also more maps in different themes would be nice.

Overall 7/10, good job!

Whiners

Sounds like a bunch of nerdy whiners in here. Great job on the game, dont listen to the wimpy little math dorks, their precious little ego can't take being told that they are in fact WRONG. Great idea, explosions sound nice and crunchy, and the music isn't half bad either. Nice game.

Good idea, bad execution.

This was a great idea for a game, but I don't think you went about it that well.

I was surprised by the green tanks, because I expected something simple, like multiplication or division to follow. I'm surprised you didn't add that in, because... math? Or maybe simple squares and other powers. And then move your way up to quadratics. But you jumped straight from 5th grade patterns to 8th grade quadratics. Weird transition much?

I also know for a fact that I did all the quadratic equations right, but the game wouldn't accept my answers. I had to plug in the negatives of every single answer to kill the green tanks. Check your math. Reading the other reviews, it doesn't seem like I'm the only one with this problem.

Also, about game play itself, there were too many places to get trapped. I'm disappointed when I saw that there were no "shops" or "power ups" which could help out. How stupid is it to get shot by the tank that you just blew up?!

Game play was too slow.

But it was a good concept. Maybe for WMD2, you could take these comments into account.

Otherwise, it was pretty fun.