Reviews for "Mr Ray - Missing Colours"

lame

i am looking for a good game but where is the fun

crazybee2 is right

violece is the key to good flash art happy maddness day 2008

good game

good graphics and good bit of fun for five mins cheers

Ignore the morons

On a site like this, you're bound to have a lot of teenagers, who will call anything "gay" if it isn't targeted at their demographic. Just ignore them.

The game itself is well made... nice art... I dig the parallax. I think even as a kid, I'd find it a little patronizing, but that's true of most entertainment for kids. I was raised by parents who treated me more or less as an adult most of the time.

One thing I didn't like was the need to walk close to things to pick them up or talk to them... it just slows things down and adds unnecessary clicking. You should always be able to interact with anything on screen.

Against the world?

I find myslef to be a person who hates a radial approach to anything. And since it's "Madenss day 2008" today, I wound up thinking about all the sensless violence that you see in a lot of NG content. Sure, drilling another player with an SMG round is fun, watching Matrix/Max payne styled combat scenes is also fun, but hell, there sould at least be a tiny bit of excuse for the massacre thats about to happen.
Anyway, if games containing sensless brutality and nothing but mature-content are on one end, this game goes on the other end.
The graphic content is well made, as is the gameplay, but after playing this game for 20 minutes, and I found myself wanting to put a clipfull of bullets into the chest of that ever similing idiot I'm supposed to control. He is so gay, and so is the rest of the design and story (except the frog, I sort of liked it :).
Don't get me wrong though, I'm aware there must be crowds of people out there who like this sort of content, not to mention little kids, who sould be the main receivers of this game (right?).
All that said, if I sould want to give this game a max rate of 10, I think it deserves a -1 for this extreme cuteness and happiness.
Also, I think that even a children's game should be a little bit more complicated, resulting in another -1.
That's it then 8 out of 10. Good job. It's a good thing that there's still NG content in which you don't see any of the characters brains get spletterd on a wall.