Reviews for "The Necronomicon 2.0"

I just finished the challenge mode ; took me all afternoon.

Like others said, it's kinda repetitive after a while but it's not boring.
The gameplay mechanics are cool and effective.
Art is uneven - the three "gun" cards are... well, let's say it reminds me the art of a five-years old I know. On the contrary, I like the shoggoth and R'lyeh.

My major problems are with the challenges where your Life start VERY low - #13 and especially 15, without Elder Defense. At Life 5, a third of the cards can one-shot you... So playing those challenges is mostly dumb luck, no strategy. It makes the challenge #15 the most difficult to achieve.

Two suggestions :
- a "story-mode" allowing to retry the battles in the normal game ;
- high-level cards who give more taint : when you start with 50 Life, losing 1, 2 or 3 Life per turn is nothing, especially with the various cards who remove it.

Last, a question : is there any relation between your game and one called "Maganic wars" ? They seem very similar except in their theme - Maganic was purely fantasy-style.

"Remove taint"

lol

I have the mind of a five year old.

Anyways, great game. The only problem is that it get repetitive after a while, but that's only if you play for an hour or so.

I agree with bigpoppa64 of course it could use some refinement. And I would enjoy seeing this on Steam as well..with a big graphics enhancement with shiny buttons and what not. Being a fan of HPL I love the ambiance of the environment and atmosphere. Also I was listening to Sulphur Aeon's Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide while pwning my opponent and it was exciting.

good

This is one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm not a card player! Keep up the good work!