Reviews for "The Madness of the Hatter.2"

I disagree, TanMan

I understand and agree when you say that cheshyre is a great musician and has done better. However, I feel you are mistaken when you said that it seems empty and when you scored it a four (compared to his other pieces or to the work of others). As for it being a loop and not having bass, its not bad just because its different. I believe you should have given this piece at least a 6/10.

PS. Cheshyre, i like the title, but I'm wondering why ".2" ?

cheshyre responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you like the song! I named it ,2 because the version on my 3rd album had a different ending. I added a little bit to the song for 7.5. Thanks for listening!

not your best work

hear me out, im not hear to bash and rant. in fact, im a huge fan of your work. madness 6.5 was an amazing song, and madness 10 was INCREDIBLE. i really liked 6.5 and 10 because they were very lengthy songs with a lot of things going on, but this song is kinda empty. for one thing, it isnt so much a song with a beginning and a climatic end as it is a generic loop. another really prominent thing about this song is the lack of bass, which is something ive always loved about your music. this song didnt come off as being very powerful, so it was almost kinda boring to just listen to for 4 minutes. now granted this isn't necessarily a bad song in its own respect, but with the previous music youve released (including your solo albums), you raised the bar so high that i was a little disappointed by this. i hope i dont offend, im just trying to give some critical advice to a very good musician

cheshyre responds:

I hear you and totally understand what your saying. It is a different type of song entirely. I'll keep these comments in mind and thank you for the comment and for listening to my music! I hope you love what's coming and again, thanks for your honesty!

something i would like to say.

this is what makes madness 7.5 good. also the violence. 10 for this.

Thank you very much!!!!

Pretty cool, bruh.

I think it fit well with 7.5 but it was pretty calm. Different from what you normally do, but just not quite what I expected. This isn't necessarily bad, to be clear.

Also in response to niblere's review, if MC10 is any indication, I think it would be pretty amazing to see what you could come up with for that.

Anyway, the song itself's pretty good, but could use a bit more variation. It seems to stay at one level and, even though there are some ups and downs, it feels almost the same throughout. It's weird, yeah, but that's how I see it. I also kinda think it's weird you chose to modify a song you already made for the video. Was that your original idea when you first made this song, or did you come up with it after it was made? I wonder what this song would've been if it was completely original. That isn't a criticism, either way; just a thought and a question.

As per usual, however, thanks for this song. Can't see what you have in store for us next. :D

cheshyre responds:

It is a bit different from my other songs and I think that's what I like about it. The main riff, in my opinion, is one of the most complex I've ever made but you're right. It does stay in the same place throughout the song. There are some different things I could have done with this; make the beat harder and faster, but overall I think it worker pretty well. I DO know what your saying though. As far as a mix of all the madness tracks, that might kill me but one day I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the review and for the critique. It can only get better!

Nice!

It was good but the beginning i was a little disappointed but none the less great music man keep em coming.

cheshyre responds:

Thank you very much!! I'll work on my beginnings!