Reviews for "NGHH - Obii-O vs MickeyMao"

Mao

Obi was far from short though...

Mao.

I found Obii a bit stilted, and he didn't really throw any punches.
I wasn't really keen on Mao's style, but I gotta give it to him for his lyrics.

Decent battle.

Also just realised my reviews are not very in depth compared to others...

Solid.

Going with Mao.

Obii spent the first round not mentioning MickeyMao....at all. If this was a showcase, I would say Obii was a more polished rapper. But Mickey spent two rounds attacking, and Obii showed up in the second round. If Obii had a first round the way his second round was (which was dope), he probably would have pulled it out.

Mao always has good content, and my main observation about what he can work on is being a little too far on top of the beat. Generally in hip hop, I think it's better to drag a little after the beat than it is to come in early. It feels like speeeeed....then slow down and hit the rhyme. speeeeed then slow down and hit the rhyme. If you take those speedy parts and make sure they are hitting a rythmic pattern on beat, people will respond to your battles, because the content is pretty boss.

Obii is clean, safe, polished. I could use a little more emotion, but it's obvious the guy can rap. Seeing as this is a battle though..

Boxing Scores
Round 1-
Mao 10-8
Round 2-
Obii- 10-9

Mao-19-18.

Mao got it

Obii-O Verse 1 - This sounds like a verse he wrote for a different song and just used it for the battle. He talks more about himself than dissing his opponent.

Mickey Verse 1 - Liked how he started the verse. Good use of the beat and good energy level

Obii-O Verse 2 - Nothing really caught my attention both lyrically and in his delivery. Mom disses and gay bashing is not that original

Mickey Verse 2 - Better than his 1st verse. Nice punchlines and good delivery.

Going with MickeyMao on this one.

Mao!!

Obii had some good flow but his first verse wasnt really battling? Maybe 4 bars? His second verse was good battling but the popping was killing me..

Mao came out alright on his first verse, but that second verse had some style!

Mao ftw!