Reviews for "Martin the Spartan"

Toeing the line

I think you need to be careful you don't turn it into a ripoff. I really liked Samaurai Jack and this did hit the nail on the head. I'm hoping you either do away with the bugs, or when the "evil" character turns around it's not an exact replica of you know who.

For what you did it was really well done (just work on the audio next time I had to turn my speakers all the way up to really hear what the guide was saying, but had to turn them right back down when the music came back on.) Can't wait to see more, just remember to be totally ORIGINAL

Crap.

The lip syncing is off, horribly, the artwork is a replicant of Samuri Jack, the voice acting is crap, the artwork is hideous, the animation is exactly like the trailer to SJ.

It's just like Tyler Gibb and Minushi all over again. He basically just took Iron Giant and the Terminator and meshed the two together, much like you meshing 300 together with SJ.

Newgrounds is meant for people with originality and talent. Not for blatant rip off's.

Take this pile of shit some where else.

wasn't original at all

It was funny and fun only because it brought back memories of samuri jack which is AWSOME!!!!! But other then that you didn't have an original idea what so ever, the only thing you did was add some bad voice acting, mediocre animation, and... well that's all. So you got a 1 of 5 and a 3 of 10

MonkeyPal-Media responds:

Thank you for your comments. The only thing that this has in common with Samurai Jack is style. Character design is heavily influenced by Jack. Once again, I'm trying to pay homage to a show. The story that will be told is not the same as Samurai Jack. But, by trying to keep the style of Jack alive, I am being attacked for doing so. I don;t plan to sell this. I do it because I love animation and yet, people here just love to tear people down for trying learn a new medium.

HMM...

too slow and reminds me of samurai jack

Uhm...

I think this is uncannily similar to Samurai Jack, but well done none the less.