For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 2 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Avo-De"

Huge potential, but quite gltchy.

I love the gameplay you have created with this! Very fun and addictive! I haven't got much time to write this review, so I'll summarise it. These are the main problems I found:

At any point in the game (even after losing all you lives!), you can right click and select "forward" to restart the level.
On a few levels, the enemies respawn in places that put you in instant danger - so you die before having any chance to defend yourself.
Enemies that shoot automatically start firing too early - they should only start spinning and firing when everything else moves, not fire horizontally while it all loads.
On one level, one of the enemies appeared outside the game boundaries... by using the right click+forward glitch, I kept replaying the level (with the original intention to just get all the weapons) until on my fourth or fifth time round it the bug disappeared...
I don't think you've got the weapons ordered in price very well - I think the best weapon is the maxed-out no. 2 weapon (with the only exception of the final weapon) - I didn't think weapon number 3 was very good.
Big problem: LAG! Even with the quality setting on low, the game lagged a LOT with powerful weapons on high levels. Especially with the final weapon.
The images for "1" and "0" lives are the wrong way round. WHen you have 1 life left, the number "0" shows up, and vice versa.

I didn't quite finish the game, as I died and couldn't be bothered to cheat and restart the level 2 rounds from the end... oh well. Amazing game! I can see this going a very logn way if you tweak it a bit.

Hmm, that came out a bit longer than I expected...

Excellent

There is an issue with lag, so you may want to remove a few unnecessary peripherals (like the spotlights), but overall it's a fantastic game. It's challenging, it has a wide variety of weapons, and it's not repetitive.

There did seem to be a mathematical issue with the number of lives, though I may have just been too distracted to really focus on it. It seemed like I jumped from 2 lives to 0, and then from 0 to 1.

good idea and execution with a few small flaws

first off, great game. It was an interesting twist on one of my favorite genres. But there were a few technical issues.

1)lag was pretty bad when you get a lot of particles going. I've got a pretty fast computers, so I can imagine how bad it was on older machines.

2)When you're buying upgrades, enemies don't pause. I was buying upgrades and I left the shop, only to be killed by an enemy that had moved on top of me while I was buying stuff.

Not much else comes to mind. Great game.

some problems

First, you get massive lag after buying the first upgrade. This can be solved by shooting sparingly. You're welcome.

Uh, let's see. There were no upgrade descriptions, so I wasn't really sure what I was buying, but I assume they were # of shots, speed, then the purple one didn't really give me multidirectional firing like it's picture implied, so I don't know what that did. Yeah, add upgrade descriptions.

The best strategy to use in each level is to start in the middle, and then break through one side and just sit it out there until most of the enemies are dead.

My most common cause of death was being shot by enemies before the level actually started. That sucked.

Please fix the above issues and you've got a great game here. This is one of my favourite genres, and it hurts me to see a poorly-made one.

Good Game

I thought the game was pretty good. The upgrade tree worked well, the only problem i found was the same as everyone else which is the lag when you upgrade to better guns.

I also realized that a lot of your enemies came from Geometry Wars, but at least you didn't copy the game.

Overall I thought it had pretty nice graphics and the gameplay wasn't bad. 8/10, 4/5.