Reviews for "Rose At Eclipse"

Jesus Christ I love you.

Dude, this sounds... amazing.
I just wish you had more time to pump this stuff out...
Really makes you want to just grab a massive weapon and walk nonchalantly towards a giant foe in slow-motion, back turned to the camera, looking all heroic.
Great stuff.
Doesn't really sound like any of the other Roses though, maybe the melody is just too diluted for me to notice any similarity to the previous incarnations...
But hey, it's incredible, so who cares, right? :D

NemesisTheory responds:

Thank you!! I wish I had more time too, lol. I hate making everyone wait so long for new songs... it used to be like 12-16 tracks per year, now it's like 3 or 4. that's just no good. :(

besides that, that's exactly the kind of stuff i love as well xD

it doesnt really have a connection/similarity to others roses i think, mainly because the style is so different. i did try to keep everything sound as rpg-like as possible so it at least belongs in the rose err family, i guess lol. <3

thanks for the review <3

Awesome, literally.

This is a truly amazing piece of work, so much so that I actually felt the need to submit a review (a first for me, on Newgrounds). I love the bassline in this. It gives the music a sense of desperation and urgency (exactly what you need in a boss battle).

I can totally see this being used in a big name RPG. To me, it's up to the standard of Nobuo Uematsu. Hell, if I heard that he composed this, I wouldn't be surprised (although it's not really his style).

Well, I guess that's it. I can't really think of anything negative to say; it's that good. I've listened to the other Rose tracks, and I can honestly say that this is the best out of them (except I'm a bit biased towards this orchestral style). I'm glad that my first review on Newgrounds is one so positive.

PS It's nice to see that Lost Odyssey isn't completely lost.

NemesisTheory responds:

Wow, I feel honored!! Thank you for taking the time to write your first review for me <3

i'm happy you noticed that about the bassline... i was uncomfortable using just a piano as a main bass (since i usually use stuff like fretbasses or slapbasses) so i'm glad you liked that about it. :3

I'd love to see this in an actual RPG actually haha, and wow, that's an amazing compliment! thank you so much. nobuo is the master of the genre :)

I'm also glad your first review was that positive!!

Lost Odyssey is amazing. I wish more people played it, and I wish my xbox would've let me played more of it (RROD).

Aw nemesis,

you never cease to amaze me :)

NemesisTheory responds:

i hope to never stop doing so! :D

Wow.

I could just imagine Mario fighting Bowser to this.

NemesisTheory responds:

Haha wow, that would be pretty awesome indeed! :D

This sounds like it could be used a couple of different ways:

it could be like a really cool or epic part of an FPS. It kinda reminds me of FF10's boss theme in a way, I thought that game was the shiz, so it could be like a boss battle. Cool song imo.