Reviews for "Rose At Eclipse"

Eclipse the Genres

It is really easy to imagine this as a portion of the soundtrack for a portion of 'Fear Unlimited.' It makes me think that Encon is making his way toward a Boss, and that the **** is about to hit the fan, so to speak.

I have always liked your style, and you are one of very few Newgrounds artists from whom I download. Whether it's rock, trance, or orchestral you do it very well. I think you nailed the style, although there is something very steady about the pacing (as in, I hear very little change, where you usually shift things). If I was to loop this one too enough, it would all eventually sound the same, so I am looking forward to the V.2 version. There's also a noticeable half-second pause before it loops here.

I would like to mention that over the years, your 'Rose' songs have been becoming progressively better. 'Epic' is the word I would apply, so I always look forward to new submissions.

Lately I have been watching a lot of 'Fairy Tail' and that type of anime. This would fit a 'traveling to battle' or 'preparing for battle' scene very well. I personally enjoy the fusion of musical styles that you, among others, seem to use so I look forward to a little orchestral and a little rock.

NemesisTheory responds:

I would never have imagined this for fear unlimited, actually! But reading your imagining, it could actually work haha! Wow, that's pretty awesome.

I understand what you mean, I tried to envision this in a game when I was making this, and the sudden changes wouldn't have fit if it had streamed into the next version, so I went with something that had a clear red line throughout the song you could follow. You're right about it getting old faster if you have it on repeat for a while. xD That pause is NG's fault, haha!

Thank you, I always try to make the next one better as much as I can, although I took a few risks with this one obviously. :)

I haven't heard about that anime at all! I'll have to look into it. :D

Well done as always

Such another beautiful track to listen to. I love your music. I can't really put my finger on it exactly, but your music in particular brings out the creative flow for myself and it is truly wonderful. Keep on making fantastical music. The world needs creative talent like you

Cargen

NemesisTheory responds:

Thank you very much! I'm always very to happy to hear that, and with these songs in particular, they give people ideas and get the creative juices flowing. <3

Thanks again, and wow, that's very flattering haha xD <3

Amazing

if this had more rolling snares in it it would be an epic Kingdom Hearts 2 Battle music.

NemesisTheory responds:

haha even more rolling snares? :D i'll see what i can do about that next time :)

Aw nemesis,

you never cease to amaze me :)

NemesisTheory responds:

i hope to never stop doing so! :D

I've waited quite a while for this

At last, another Rose theme! I love these. You always do such an amazing job with them. I love the multi-stage boss concept. As for the orchestral style, I think you hit it spot on. Makes me think of something Yoko Shimomura might make for a Kingdom Hearts game. As usual, your work is amazing, it sounds professional, and I can't think of any constructive criticism. Definitely looking forward to the next version. For now I'll continue my tradition of downloading every Rose song. Keep up the amazing work.

NemesisTheory responds:

i'm really sorry to have let you wait so long for this, especially since you seem like such a fan of them! :(

that concept is really cool too, i wish I could hear it in action in something when the songs are done. imagine something like shadow of the colossus, that game has the same idea - just not in the same video game genre haha.

i'm really glad to hear that you thought i did a good job on it... i said it in another review, but i really wasn't sure i was any good at it, but i really wanted it to be good because it IS a rose song and.. well, i love rpg music xD Yoko is an amazing musician.. thank you for that comparison <3

thank you for the review, and i'll try to make the wait as short as possible! or at least shorter, lol