Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Abusive Review Guide"

thanks

hey, thanks for explainin... but can i ask whats the point in the whistle system? :S basiclly its tellin ppl how much u report ppl? :S surely a site like this wud benefit with like a reward system with how many times u play games? how successful u r at the games u play etc? not how much u report someone :S i dont quite understand why newgrounds bothers with this? :S lol

RohantheBarbarian responds:

Well the better the whistle you have, the more of an effect you have when you flag something. No one likes seeing stupid and pointless reviews, they help nobody, so it's a way of getting rid of them. Plus the Deity whistle looks really cool!

Thanks a bunch for reviewing.

Let me see if I understand what you're saying...

In order to avoid the Garbage Whistle (which I have(the whistle, I mean)), you should NOT flag reviews as Abusive. Is that right?

RohantheBarbarian responds:

No. What I mean is that you have to be CAREFUL in what you flag. The examples I game (blam reviews, stolen reviews etc.) are all ok to flag. Anything but what I showed you in the flash is very risky.

Anyway, thanks for the review.

Thanks for the tips

I've been here for almost a year but never touched the whistle. I was to nervous. Guess I should try now!

RohantheBarbarian responds:

I'm glad you found this useful, and thanks for reviewing!

Wonderful

I see you in the review thread quite often.

I really enjoyed this and I'm sure everyone else will. Kudos on showing people what an abusive review is. Maybe this will even help out with the people who give abusive reviews. Heh.

Thanks for the review.

Maybe this will help bring some people back from the dark side of reviewing. More importantly though I hoped to clarify a few grey areas with regard to the whistle, and judging from some of the responses I've gotten I have achieved that.

umm question

1st of all this is very helpful and I should have found this sooner considering how often I review. Now I'm a bit worried though; ya see I've put that little smiley face made with the ^ and _ in a few of my reviews does that fall into the text picture catagory? Also umm I once posted the corus to a song from the flash in a review so I repeated the same phrase. If I did break the rules err am I going to get suspended or anything? To make this an actual review umm this is a pretty good thing for newer users or those who for one reason or another need to be reminded of the guidelines.

RohantheBarbarian responds:

The smiley face isn't really considered a text picture, as long as there's more to your review. If you put a ^__^ in your review it's fine, just as long as that isn't the whole review.

As for posting the chorus in a review, that'd be more useless than blatantly abusive in my opinion. The whole point of being allowed to review flashes is to actually review them. Tell the author what you liked, what you thought could have been made better etc.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions you may have. Oh, and thanks for the review!