Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Abusive Review Guide"

Informative

This is a good guide for people who are unsure of the rules regarding abusive reviews. It was clear, concise and kept simple. Was quite amused by your last example of author/reviewer abuse "I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU CUNT!!!" It quite tickled me.

I think if you provided screenshots of abusive reviews, instead of your own examples, it would make things even more clear. There's plenty of abusive reviews floating around out there (some probably made by me when I was but a young'un. :-/ ).

Also, that music was funky as hell. Great choice.

Thanks for the review!

Great for a first submission

I have to say, this is pretty darn good. The guide is really helpful and I liked the nice music that went along with this. This is a great start to creating more great flashes to come.
Some suggestions for improvements would be a better layout: it's fine, but it could be better by going with a Newgrounds types theme. Some picture examples of abusive reviews would be a plus, as well as an index.

RohantheBarbarian responds:

Thanks for the criticisms and the review.

Very helpful

I alway like t this this type of game even though this did not feature any thing to do. I found the information very helpful.

Graphics. 8/10 This looked very good for you first submison. The text is easy to understand the colors, simple and easy to read. The arrow was good the whole look is very good. I liked the layout it is fun and grabs my attention, even if it only text.

Sound.7/10 The sound is good i found the music funny, and made me think it was right from the guide. Even if it was a little repetitive a times. The option to turn it off was exellant as it good, to have the choice.

This is a addtitive guide it worth checking over and over again. The info is spot on mostly. I think your tips are useful the info simple, you get right to the point. The stuff about what to look for ,in a abusive review is good. The text is obsense but made me laugh as to what some people will write. I confess i did use to write bad reviews.

The only problem is that if you been on rages thread, the info can be confusing. For example what about not, marking spam submissons. Sometimes some mods give diffrent advice, like not marking old reviews while some say it okay. I dont know if you were aware of this. It was a shame it was only text. While this is not a probelm.

Overeal a very good first info i found this useful.

review requeat club

RohantheBarbarian responds:

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the review.

I know that some review mods may have different opinions on abuse, so to compensate I only talked about the 100% abusive ones that will ALWAYS be deleted.

Yeah great!!

This is great for new people and I liked the music =D

Doesen't really needs any improvment its good :)

Still I am going to check out the sequel :)

RohantheBarbarian responds:

I hope you do check it out.

Thanks a bunch for reviewing.

Not bad

Quite informative about the review system on Newgrounds. I like the way that you've set it out, but I think it would have been better suited if you would have given a choice of three different styles of music for the background tune and also a better looking interface.

For the interface, I would ahve had something more fancy, rather than just a basic slideshow of text, which can even be improved on with the use of MS Powerpoint. Throw a few pictures in there, I'd suggest a screeny of the Middle Finger review, as that would be hugely informative.

[Review Request Club]

RohantheBarbarian responds:

Wow, thanks for an excellent review!