Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "To Those Who Listen"

very nice

One of the most original songs i've heard on newgrounds.. The first half is unique, I like the glitch drums at the beginning, would be cool to hear them throughout the song though. Near the end of the song when the mood started to change, it felt like it was building up for some more glitch madness, but it abruptly ended. If you continued the song where you left off, it would be pure greatness. Just my thoughts.

InvisibleObserver responds:

I intend on finishing the song from where it left off. I was having issues with my computer not being able to process the song at a workable speed. That's cleared up now and its a matter of getting back on track.

Hehh.....Hmmmmm,,,

This is song is really, really weird.. I usually don't think of weird in a bad way. It sounds creative(yes, SOUNDS creative... way to express oneself... It's 4 AM and I have a fever, don't judge.) I guess the haters are pretty much hating because they don't understand the music. I probably don't fully understand it, but I like it, and I'm curious to see more of this. This is interesting and attracting in a weird way.

Uncertain as to whether to give this a 9 or a 10, but I guess I'll go with a 10 for now as I don't fully understand it, and I'll probably regret it if I later understand it and find out it was better than I thought through the 4-5 first listens.

I can imagine seeing something like this in a some sort of indie game. Most probably puzzle or a something of the sort.

I guess you'll hear more from me in both past and future posts? lol, I'm not even sure if that made sense, but things don't have to make sense, right? Doubt I'm going to dl this, but it was worth the listen, and I'll most probably tune back into this as it was really interesting. Have a nice day :)

-Dodgeling

InvisibleObserver responds:

Really enjoyed reading this review.

Though... people keep telling me to ignore haters and whatnot, but I don't have any. It keeps getting brought up with no context which is a bit confusing. It seems as though there is this odd backlash against negative commentators, that has spilled into the norm of what to say.

Very nice!

Your style is definitely changing, not for the worse thankfully. I still really enjoy your work, as little as i check in. 5/5 10/10 download, fav. Keep it up!

InvisibleObserver responds:

I'd make claim its not changing but my skill level is coming up to par for what I want to do. Checking ni little might be a good thing, with school and jobs on my music been a bit slow. :(

Wuhhh!

This is some awesome IDM.

Amazing sounds. The groove that enters at 0:55 blew my mind, great buildup, strong shifting feel. Loving the overall attention to detail and the volume automation adding to the feel of the groove.

Excellent submission! If only it was a bit longer with a breakdown of some sort, just to drop in even harder, as i feel like you can expand this song with a greater climax.

InvisibleObserver responds:

It will be longer, probably by roughly 2.5minutes, but the session runs soooo slowly that its quite sluggish. I'm probably not going to be able to introduce much more new stuff, but simply rearrange, reuse and modify what I have present in new setups.

AKA I can be lazy with an excuse and make a song structured more like a pop styled song, despite its generally un-pop nature.

As for the smoothness of automation, I've been utilizing mixer routing a lot more recently and its resulting in much more of a smooth, polished sound. Sending channels to a group mixer and automating it is superbly easy for getting things to smoothly weave together.

Thanks Tijnn!

SO AMAZING!!!

mate dont listen to the haters,haters gonna be haters!
But...I loved the song so continue the good work!

InvisibleObserver responds:

I don't have many haters, so its easy not to listen to them. Thanks for dropping some comments.