Reviews for "Nocturne Nebula"

Oh yeah!

You caught one of your fans with a bit of classical! I love anything in a minor key, and prefer to play guitar in minor chord progressions myself. Therefore, you got a 10 from me. This melody is so captivating, I almost want to try and overlap some guitar onto it and see what happens. I can't sense the mood. Just when it becomes desperity, it finds a cheerful side, just like everything you do haha. When it picks up and gets louder (like at 48 seconds in), it almost sounds like it belongs in the city, or in Chrono Trigger. I definitely support this song and love it! I'd like to hear another one in this style.

OcularNebula responds:

well, the minor key actually has more usable major chords - the III, and the VI, which both would have been minor in a major key. talk about irony. hahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahaahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahhah hhahhahahahahhahhaahaa. this piece was supposed to be MOSTLY desperate/heart-wrenching, and it didn't take me long to compose, so I suppose I could write another one soon enough.

So relaxing...

I want this to be the background music for my life. :)

Wow, love this piece. Because I couldn't find any sheet notes, I wrote them by myself...
So, if anyone is still tuning in in 2018, here is the link: https://musescore.com/user/19804751/scores/5143047
Would be nice to hear something from you again, @ocularnebula :D

Good melody.

The melody itself is good, though you repeat parts of it a bit too much imo. The volume also seems to waver in and out throughout the song to such an extent that more than once I thought you were just fading out to end it, except it came back and kept going. I'm not sure why you'd have the audio do that, like if you were trying to simulate softer notes or what, but it's really distracting as it is and could use some work.

But yes, the piano sounds nice and I do like the melody. The details and production need a little work, but otherwise there's not much to complain about here.

OcularNebula responds:

thanks!

yeah, I was trying to do some expressive phrasing with the volume automation, i guess i overdid it

great!