Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Someone asked for tips

about the spiders. So, I'll share how I destroyed them--if you want to learn for yourself, do not read!
~~~
The spiders are totally destroyed by the heavy attack. I tried a bunch of stuff, and the friggin' little beasties kept killin' me when I was fighting the spider boss, but finally I found that two heavy hacks and they ran towards me would do them in every time. You don't even have to sheild!

As for you, Mr. Game Developer, I highly enjoyed the way my guy's moves had specific qualities and restrictions--how I could use the heavy straight from sheilding, but not the light, and how I could use the light in the air but not the heavy (Hack at the spidey! Hee.). I also liked how, as I said just above, you could find after some experimentation a set of moves that would totally destroy your enemy. Nicely done.

SeethingSwarm responds:

You are so right! The heavy attack is totally the right attack for spiders, good for you man. Thanks a lot for all the compliments as well. I really enjoy you actually understanding the method of how I designed the different moves. This review lifted me up :)
Thanks!

Loved it

What a amazing game! absolutely great and all you noobs complaining about it, go back to your mums cupboard and play halo 3!
great animation, nice plot and great music/sounds

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks alot man! Really glad you liked it. A sequel is coming...

stunning

the biginning was my fave the way the intro plays while u moving across the land you definatley have something man well done

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks a lot. Its so nice to see that some people just "get" the vision I had when I made this game. Makes me feel all warm inside. Im so glad you liked it. Sequel is under construction...

Good Game

Great game in my opinion, I love the hack and slash games, good graphics, good gameplay. It was a bit difficult at some parts to attack and block at the appropriate time, but I enjoyed it.

Cool, thanks a lot!
Glad you liked it!

Insane.

I cannot believe how underrated this game is. It's really smooth-playing, has great art, and a good story. I CANNOT wait for the sequel. Great job.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks! There's some screenshots of the sequel on my profile page if you are interested.