Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Agreed with Doomsauce and Hitman

Very simple, which like you said, can be fine.

However, I also thought the walking between objectives was slightly drawn out. Flash games shouldn't be hard, but they also shouldn't be repetitive and boring in certain parts.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah in the second level where the credits start rolling up. That's quite a long part where you just have to run through forest for quite a while before you reach your first enemiy. I have been worrying about that level a lot while making this game and finally kept with my decision to leave the main character in peace and let him admire the sunrise while the credits roll up :)

Other levels I personally think are fine and not too stretched out between goals/enemies/events... Oh, and yeah this was meant to be a simple game and I though that 3 different attacks and a shield move would have been enough. I'll dream up some more moves when I ever make a sequel for this, or for that matter, when I make my next game. Thanks for your comments :)

Difficult, but in a good way.

Felkon's Dungeon is pretty difficult, but this is a good game! Maybe you could add a bonus that will only increase a stat (speed, strength, health) by only a very small bit after you complete a mission. Other than that, it is a pretty good game! Keep up the good work!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thank you. A lot of people have been saying that they would have liked more moves and some kind of upgrading system. I'll keep that in mind for future games. When I make an rpg I'll put a proper stat system into the game, but The Rise of a Knight was just meant to be pure action and adventure, no stats and numbers. And Im glad you found it difficult and challenging because a lot of people complained that this game is way too easy.

Nice

Great game, but it was a tad bit repetitive after I reached the Goblin Camp. It was encounter after encounter, much like Half-Life. Maybe if you added a shop or a map in which you could choose where to go, the game would have been less repetitive.

The storyline was cliche, bbut I always liked it. Don't know why, but I just do. Also, when I attempted to jump over a n attack this goblin did, I instantly went back to ground and was slaughtered. Wtf.

Thanks!
Im glad you liked the game.
The thing about jumping is even if the axe/arrow would hit the bottom of your feet then you would still get hurt. I know it sucks but its just my bad programming skills. Im still learning and getting better everyday. Jumping does have its uses though at some points, but mostsly its just useless, sorry. Remember to use your shield :)
Thanks for the review!

ehhh

ehhh its a okay game but ive played better

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay. Cool that you kinda liked it...

like the game alot but..

its really repetitive and al u do is walk forward. either way the game has good graphics and a great story line.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks, glad you like the game!
Yeah I know its repetitive, its supposed to be. Its just a simple hack n slash game where you swing your sword to kill enemies. The story and atmosphere is the driving force behind the game, but I will keep your comments in mind for the sequel...