Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Good

The game was pretty good, something that would have been useful would be potions and extra lives, so when you died you could just respawn in that same spot instead of running all the way back from the beginning of the section

Glad you liked it :)
I still have to work on picking up items and respawning as well as things like upgrades. I simply have never made anything like that before. I'll try to put things like that into future games... I think they would be cool as well :)
Thanks for the review!

like the game alot but..

its really repetitive and al u do is walk forward. either way the game has good graphics and a great story line.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks, glad you like the game!
Yeah I know its repetitive, its supposed to be. Its just a simple hack n slash game where you swing your sword to kill enemies. The story and atmosphere is the driving force behind the game, but I will keep your comments in mind for the sequel...

nice...

i got to the boss with low health , and died in 2 shots...
so heal would be better? oO

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah health potions might have been a plus rather than regenerating health, but the problem is I didnt make an inventory system. I wasnt sure if my coding skills could handle it, and I didnt want this game to become much more complex anyway. It is a good idea though, and I hope you try this game again at least once. Its a shame you died at one of the bosses, which one?

Thanks for the review! Much appreciated!

basic but interesting

um...this games is not a revolution or a new kind of game but when you kill something/someone the graphics are cool

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah it wasnt really supposed to be a revolutionary game at all, just a simple hack n slash game with a storyline and hopefully some cool graphics to set the tone and background for the sequel which will be a bit more complicated. Glad you liked the death animations, it was fun to do them :)

The artwork is so simple and detailed from any art app, GREAT GAME!