Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Finally!

This is even better than "swept to the end"! Awesome graphics, slick animations and fantastic music. The only thing that botheres me is the fact you canĀ“t save- a quite simple password system would do the job. The end was a bit confusing- will there be a second part? And why the hell are all folks already in the dungeon (king etc.), awaiting the arrival of the hero?
Keep making such games, I love them :3

SeethingSwarm responds:

Hey! I was hoping you might leave a review :)
Do you mean like the password system you used in Mashhouse? That's a good idea. Oh and this game was made with the possibility of there being a sequel. I dont know if I will focus on other projects first, but Im planning on making one.

I thought the king and everybody else explained the situation in the end quite clearly, sorry :( Well Lord Felkon basically sent a messenger to Stormguard saying that Lord Felkon rescued the princess and the king came here etc. They did not await the arrival of the guard. The guard interrupted a wedding ceremony taking place, but too late. Something fishy is going on. It looks like Lord Felkon might have put a spell on the princess :)

Thanks for the review! Much appreciated!

Awesome!

Very fun and engaging! I'll play it again for sure! I loved the music and the art was great!

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks a lot! Im so glad you liked it, and you might be glad to hear that a sequel is underway with many improvements and just... more!

kickass dude

sweet man i've been on newgrounds for 2 years and i've never seen anything this good(other that the mature stuff)i just created my account so this will be my first fav i never faced more than 2 enemieas at once i used the the special when 2 or more came like 1 time i faced 3 that was very hard this seems like an every day fairytale story but its different somehow and at the i was like OK LET ME KILL THE LORD i didn't like the look on his face it really made me wanna kill him i'm a little confused about the story we fallowed the goblins and there were none at the castle anyway great job man this was great and now i have to find something to match this..........i've got a lot of work for that oi

ps. great control system

Thanks!
Glad you liked the game so much. Concerning the storyline, well, Lord Felkon hired a band of goblins to kidnap the princess. By the time you reach the goblin camp they have already delivered her to him, and they have already returned to their camp. You slaughter them ALL, that's why there arent any at Felkon's Keep. And besides, he has to keep up appearances if he wants to get away with what he has done. At the end, everyone seems to think that Lord Felkon rescued the princess form the goblins, even the princess herself! Something is wrong, and it will all be revealed in the sequel...

Thanks for the review!

Insane.

I cannot believe how underrated this game is. It's really smooth-playing, has great art, and a good story. I CANNOT wait for the sequel. Great job.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks! There's some screenshots of the sequel on my profile page if you are interested.

R-E-P-E-T-I-T-I-V-E

Omg man make a game that u dont walk for 1 hour slaying Noobs and why dont u make some upgrade and mor interesting graphs umm ok i just saw its one of ur first game...its ok u could make a second one ;D with better graphs,upgrades and um less boring than just walking around with 3 attack -_-.its ur first game so its ok but think about it for the 2nd one (the rise of a knight:MEGA SLAYER EDITION) =D

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay, a sequel for this game called The Rise of a KING has been out for almost a year now. I made lots of improvements, but there's still a lot of running around though. I'm surprised you noticed that this was one of my first games, but you did not notice the sequel. Anyway, I'm done with this series and off to hopefully much better things with flash games. Glad you liked it somewhat and thanks for the ten!
Oh, and I'm definitely taking in everybody's reviews including yours, so thanks for the constructive criticism and feedback, much appreciated!