Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Spider boss

For the people stuck on the spider boss it only took me 2 tries to beat it mostly when hes on the roof jump attak him with up+A on its but stay away from the head
and when its on the floor just dodge its first attack and use Fast atacks on it while it runs away with this stratgy it was easy oh and when u can us the special at any time u want it works were ever it is.
And for the game this was actually fun but i hated the ending that he had to obey a real knight would of killed the wizard becuase his first job was to rescue the princess first then listen the next orders given by the king only
But it was still a good game overall

SeethingSwarm responds:

That's a good way to kill the spiderqueen. Spot-on! Glad you liked the game :)
Well, its a pity you didnt get the ending very well. First of all, the main character is a guard, not a knight. His main job is to obey the king, then the princess. And they both ordered him not to do anything. Only after that was he knighted.

Thanks for the review and I hope I cleared a few things up.

great game! sorry for double posting:(

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING ON MY OTHER ACOUNT RIGHT BELLOW ME I DONT GO ON THAT ONE INYMORE FOR SOME REASONS AND I AXIDENTLY THOUGHT IT WAS THIS ACCOUNT.

SORRY
AND THANK YOU

this game was really fun in the beggining and the middle but it was geting really boring.
also in the second stage i thought the game ended because it showed some of the credits.

but here is what you could improve on.

-easy to hard or godlike modes
-choice of weopon mabey? mace, slow but powerful sword fast but weak.
-mabey you could pick up there weopons
-having exp so you can lvl up and learn better spells and stronger atk
-mabey when you lvl up your weopon turns into a deadlier looking weopon of that type and is.
-like i said it got boring mabey you could run into a small group of rogues or something and when you beat them you collect items on your way to castles/caves or something.

here is what i liked.

-the random kinds of characters lol like that black fluff guy
-the special attacks
-the graphics wher amazing
-i liked shield and how it would bend like you wher actually being attacked
-the story line
-the difficulty not to easy not to hard
-how you could attack behind you haha ***runs swinging my sword while the spider chases after me**
-the bosses

and alot of other things that made this game one of my favorites

i love this game! hope you make more like this with the improvments i said in mind and others.

10/10

ahh what the heck 5/5

imaan mirzaie-nejad

SeethingSwarm responds:

No worries about the double posting. It would only be cruel if you did it to down-vote this game or something. Here's my response again:

Thanks for the great review!
I am making a sequel for this game, and I am taking all your reviews and comments in consideration. There will be a lot of improvements and new stuff and off course a conclusion to the story. My coding skills are much better now, and I hope it will show. I know of all the glitches and will try to improve on them. Glad you liked the game so much. Thanks!

Great

It's a hard game, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun and challenging.
Didn't have any trouble with defeating the goblins and other creatures, and stopped at the cave level to write this review.
The only points of criticism I want to adress are the fact that you have to walk everywhere, and although the scenery changes whilst walking, and it adds atmosphere to the game, these parts are simply too long.
I didn't use the ''heavy hit'' because it was too slow to do any real good. If you could make such an attack go just as fast as the other, only draining the special bar, that would be a lot better. The special attack was great for coping with those clusters of goblins with arrows/spears/maces and what not.
Perhaps an upgrade system would be nice as well, with better attacks, and more types of weaponry at your disposal (think Diablo)

The game is nicely drawn, it has a good storyline, and the music did not get annoying. I really enjoyed this.
Hope to see more like this from you in the future.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks a lot! Im so glad you liked it. A sequel is underway and flaws will be improved upon as well as a lot of new and exciting things will be included... think Diablo :)

a newgrounds great

this game is honestly one of the best I've played on newgrounds.the action
is intense,the music epic,the animation fluid,and the storyline is no slouch either.
I commend the talented author.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thank you very much. A lot of work went into this. I admit this game is not perfect and has quite a few flaws and glitches so Im glad so many people like The Rise of a Knight and Im glad you like it too :)

I've learned a lot form making this game, and now Im working even harder on the sequel for this game, so keep a look-out for it if you're interested.

Abosolute shit unlike 2

Rise of a King is better than this.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah, sequels usually have to be better. I also have had much more experience in making games with the sequel. If you thought this was absolute shit, then why did you give me a ten?! Thanks for it anyway!