Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Awesome

This is a awesome game. Not as easy as other games and not as hard as most. 10/10

Thanks!!!

which came first the knight or the king.

good game overall. but if the king came second.... well thats where you can tell its a game. lol. most times knights were nobilty.... but really never became kings or any royalty. just a bit of fact lol. ( even if the heir fell in love..... it was forbidden the if the heir contiued to love the knight she would be disowed by the royals and banned from the castle and the city lol. but still good game lol.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Haha! :D Yeah this game isn't too accurate when it comes to the rules of knighthood, but it does take place in a completely fictional world so I guess not all the rules are the same. Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the review! Oh, and The Rise of a Knight came first, then King. If you have played The Rise of a King to the end you would see that the knight became King in a very extraordinary way...

Stupid

every enemy has an advantage. and don't even get me started on the stupid cave.
Was okay at first, but it just got ridiculous with the vomiting spider. He basically summed up how I feel about this game.

SeethingSwarm responds:

The big spider in the cave can definitely be defeated if you use strategy, but sorry if this game frustrated you :( I know it is not perfect. It's one of the first games I've ever made and I apologize for all its imperfections. I'm still learning and improving, but I think I've gotten a lot better after all these years :)

Cool!!

How 'bout playing this game while playing your fav rock playlist?
Hope there's more to come!!!
More power to Newgrounds.com , Armor Games and SeethingSwarm!!!

Thank you! :)
I can imagine slaying goblins on rock or metal music could be awesome! I'm sure that by now you probably already know that there is a sequel to this game called The Rise of a King. If not, you can find it from my user page in the games section! Thanks for the 5 stars!

Great game, lots of variety

Graphics: 7/10
The graphics in the game aren't over the top, but it's apparent that a lot of effort was put into them and they get the job done.

Sound: 9/10
The sound effects sound natural and really help to immerse you in the game, and MaestroRage's music has an "epic" feel to it that really puts you in the mood for blood.

Gameplay: 7/10
The game runs smoothly and the controls are responsive. I loved how each fight was unique; you had to figure out a style for each monster and attack them accordingly, while also trying to kill them as fast as possible before different monsters showed up to complicate things.

Story: 7/10
The story in the beginning is like any medieval fantasy; The princess has been captured and you go on a quest to save her, battling through waves of monsters, et cetera. The redeeming quality was the surprise twist at the end.

Overall: 9/10
This game is a refreshing way to kill 30 minutes and left me feeling strangely optimistic at the end.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Wow, thanks for the awesome review!